CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Australians?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australians?

Any australians in here ordered/taken deliver of a new CLK?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:54 AM

'02 C180 Coupe
Haven't ordered yet. Thinking of trading my '02 C180 on a CLK240 Elegance. I can't justify the price differential with the 320 and the 500 is a bit steep for now.

I'm thinking of White or Iolith with Pacific Blue or Cubanite with Anthracite.

My dealer said that if I ordered in March I'd have it by Christmas. How long is your wait?

What type of wheels are you getting - do you have a picture or a link?
Old 03-06-2003, 12:38 AM

Hi,

We ordered last october and are expecting delivery late june early july. The car is an elegance model and so will have the standard wheel design except in 17inch size. Other wheel options were only available with the sport suspension, but we decided against this.

Waiting times for the vehicle seem incredibly long, and it seems you will have a similar waiting period should you order in may.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:06 PM

totaly off topic to you guys but....Highly considering moving out that way, which city do you guys like best and why? Just 25 and wanting a change of scene.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:27 PM

Hi,

Australia is a beutiful country with a great future. I've travelled to many many countries around the world, but in the end nothing comes close to Australia (IMHO - except maybe canada) .Since you are only 25 it think you would most definitely prefer living in Syndey or Melbourne. Very fast moving cities with a great lifestyle for the younger demographic...particularly sydney. However if you are the laid back type that likes to take it easy, then Brisbane is the place for you. Personally i find Brisbane a bit slow. However although its slow now, it is Australias fastest growing city and within a decade and a half or so will rival melbourne and sydney in size.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:17 PM

Hey guys

Recently found site and located in Sydney. Im interested in other people's experience with waiting lists.

I ordered a clk320 in January and the dealer thinks delivery can take up to 12 mths!

As I patiently wait, I got a suprise call from my dealer yesterday saying they have a 240 in stk, good for sale now. Turns out somebody decided not to pursue their order. I compromise the wait for the 320 for a less powerful car.

However as the story goes, 2hrs before I go down for a test drive, dealer rings and apologises but says the cars been sold that morning .

Im interested in what you think about the perfrmance difference between the 240 and 320 if another opportunity like this arises.
Also what other Aussies' expn has been with wait lists in general.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:18 PM

Ordered my car in October/November and will arrive mid April but it's an E Class.

Australians wait ages for Benz's and they cost a packet too.
My dealer said the wait for a new SL is well over a year!!!

The CLK is next worse with a least an 8 month wait or longer.

I know that good things takes time but it's getting ridiculous.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:14 AM

The waiting times here are ridiculously long. We ordered the e-class in mid december and are expecting delivery late april/early may as the car is to be produced some time in March.

With the clk240 we ordered the car in early october and have been told it will have May production date, so should arrive June/July.

Here in Brisbane, one or two clk320's and 500's seem to pop up now and then but there is a complete lack of 240's. Its funny because when launching the CLK, MB Australia stated it was their goal to keep waiting times for the vehicle down to 4 months...yeah right!
Old 03-12-2003, 02:59 PM

'02 C180 Coupe
I've been told that the wait on the 320 is the longest as it is the highest selling CLK model, ie most demand. The 500 has a shorter wait but is the most espensive. The 240 has the shortest wait as, apparently, most people would rather have the 320.

As far as I am aware, MB Asia Pacific has decided not to bring the 200 Kompressor, the 200 direct injection or the diesel models in the CLK to Australia. The 240 is therefore the de facto base model.

I would, personally, prefer to buy the 200 Kompressor instead of the 240 as it produces the same power and has much better fuel economy. The 240 is more thirsty than the 320!

I'm past the speed stage so the 240 is more than adequate for me. (I would never say no to the sound of a V8 tough but the 500 is 1.5 times the price of the 240)
Old 03-12-2003, 04:58 PM

It's hard for Americians and Canadians etc, to understand what we pay for our cars.

When I ordered my car some guys asked me in the U.S why I didn't get the E500 or get the Air suspension or Keyless go options.

They pay hundreds for options not thousands and the price of the car to begin with is half the price.

For what I am spending on a well equiped E320 in the States I could be driving a demo Ferrari 360 Modena or S500 with everything!!

I'm not joking!!

Oh well, we do live in the best country in the world so things aren't all that bad.