CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Infant Seat in Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CLK320
Infant Seat in Convertible

I am having a baby and need to get a Infant seat. I went today and was told I need to get a new car due to the bucket seats not allowing the seat to lay flat.

Anyone have any experience? I really love my car but I did get it before I thought Kids would enter the picture :-)

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:51 AM

2007 MB CLK 550 Coupe
I have an 07 Coupe, but I believe the seats are basically the same. Have 2 kids (2 yr and 4 yrs) both in car seats, and both car seats fit fine (actually have them in right now -- typically they are in my wifes SUV).... The babyseat needs to fit as evenly as possible, and they do. The only problem you may have is for a new infant they have to sit "backwards" for the first 1yr or so, which means you'll probably have to have the seat behind the passenger side with the pass seat all the way forward. (Thus your passenger won't have much leg room). But you definitely don't have to sell the car for the baby seat.
I will suggest that you get a seat protector -- can get them at BabiesRUs for about $20. Basically a rubberish type protector for the bottom and back of the car seat...is really nice for when the children spill their drinks, spit up or otherwise are just kids.....also protects the car's seats from getting the big "indentations" in the leather. We've had both our protectors since we got the car seats and have gone through several cars just swapping them in and out....best $20 I've ever spent!!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:54 AM

2007 MB CLK 550 Coupe
Oh I forgot.....I used to own a Corvette when the kids were young (and in "backwards") -- car seat fit in that as well --- we actually bought the CLK because we wanted a car that all 4 of us could ride in (not just dad and 1 kid). So if a seat can fit in a small 2 seat Corvette.....it can fit in the back of a CLK.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:18 PM

2014 GL450
the back seats in my convertible have the hidden latch anchors for baby seats tucked away between the backrest and the seat; these are likely to be in your car too.
I waited for my kids to be out of baby seats before buying the car but I have seen at least one CLK convertible with a baby seat installed.