CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bilstein Coils Part #

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500
Question Bilstein Coils Part #

It looks like Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers list the same part # for W209's as they do for W203's (F4-GM5-8860-H0)

I've noticed other suspensions have unique part #'s for W209's vs. W203 (KW's for example use a different system for each car with a unique part #).

Does this seems strange to anyone else? I'm worried this might be an indication of poor fitting for the Bilsteins (better fit around a wide rims is the main reason I'm considering Bilsteins over KW so if this is an indication of poor fitting, I'm going to rethink my decision!)

Thanks for the input. You guys are a huge help!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by MBFanCda
It looks like Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers list the same part # for W209's as they do for W203's (F4-GM5-8860-H0)

I've noticed other suspensions have unique part #'s for W209's vs. W203 (KW's for example use a different system for each car with a unique part #).

Does this seems strange to anyone else? I'm worried this might be an indication of poor fitting for the Bilsteins (better fit around a wide rims is the main reason I'm considering Bilsteins over KW so if this is an indication of poor fitting, I'm going to rethink my decision!)

Thanks for the input. You guys are a huge help!

You will need to use spacer in the front if you go with Coilover suspension. Btw, the W209 and W203 chassis are the same. Remember, Bilstein only came one stages (PSS9 coilover). KW carry 3 stages of coilover (stage 1,2 and 3). I installed the KW stages 2 coilover and hated !! I removed it within week. If you still want to go with coilover, go with the PSS9 I love it on my friend C55. The PSS9 got all the adjustment, height, rebounds and dampers. For KW, you have to get the stages 3 to get the same features. My KW coilover stages 2 does not have the rebound feature and my damper wasn't soft enough for me even at level 1 setting damper.

Last edited by Klinh; 02-01-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by Klinh
You will need to use spacer in the front if you go with Coilover suspension. Btw, the W209 and W203 chassis are the same. Remember, Bilstein only came one stages (PSS9 coilover). KW carry 3 stages of coilover (stage 1,2 and 3). I installed the KW stages 2 coilover and hated !! I removed it within week. If you still want to go with coilover, go with the PSS9 I love it on my friend C55. The PSS9 got all the adjustment, height, rebounds and dampers. For KW, you have to get the stages 3 to get the same features. My KW coilover stages 2 does not have the rebound feature and my damper wasn't soft enough for me even at level 1 setting damper.
lets trade suspension.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by chrislis
lets trade suspension.

What......? I don't have the KW coiolover. Like I said, I replaced the KW coilover within week for Bilstein sport and Eibach spring and Just love the smoother ride.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK500
Originally Posted by Klinh
Thanks for the advice Klinh.

I have no problem with having to use spacers with the coilovers. I would probably want them regardless to achieve a nice wide stance. But from what I hear, KW's just won't fit over 8.5" rims up front (with or without spacers) which is why I am leaning towards Bilsteins right now. But it’s definitely not the cheapest route to go so still shopping around.

As I posted on another thread, some suppliers are quoting part number GM5-8860-H1 for the Bilstein PSS9 whereas others are quoting GM5-8860-H0. The best prices have been on the quotes for GM5-8860-H0 but Bilstein’s website lists GM5-8860-H1 as the part number. If they’re the same thing, I’ll definitely go for GM5-8860-H0 and save the money but I don’t want to get stuck with coilovers that don’t fit!