MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W209) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209-43/)
-   -   "A" and "B" services items listed.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/338805-b-services-items-listed.html)

Klinh 02-18-2010 12:11 AM

"A" and "B" services items listed....

Mercedes-Benz Flex Service Details

*Pricing is for approximate illustration purposes only, pricing may differ at your dealership, please consult your dealership for current pricing*

A-Flex Service Approximate cost $199 - $249

Replace engine oil and genuine MBZ oil filter
Lubricate hood hinges
Inspect brakes
Inspect cooling system
Check & clean air filter (replacement additional)
Inspect windshield wiper inserts & service windshield washer system (replacement of wipers additional)
Inspect heating & ventilation dust filter (replacement additional)
Inspect lines & hoses
Inspect & lubricate throttle linkage
Check tire pressure (including spare)
Check horns, lights, seat belts, tires & brake pads for wear
Check & top-off all fluids
Reset Flexible Service System counter
Wash Vehicle
Road test

B-Flex Service Approximate cost $299 - $449

Replace engine oil & genuine MBZ oil filter
Analyze engine management system with Mercedes-Benz Star Diagnostic System Tester
Rotate tires (excludes AMG models with staggered wheels)
Lubricate hood hinges
Inspect brakes
Inspect cooling system
Check & clean air filter (replacement additional)
Inspect windshield wiper inserts & service windshield washer system (replacement of wipers additional)
Inspect heating & ventilation dust filter (replacement additional)
Inspect & lubricate throttle linkage
Check tire pressure (including spare)
Check horns, lights, seat belts, tires & brake pads for wear
Inspect front axle ball joints; & rear differential levels
Check steering play & power steering clutch
Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition
Inspect Climate control refrigerant
Check & top-off all fluids
Reset Flexible Service System counter
Wash Vehicle
Road test

Additional Dealer Recommendations

A/C Evaporator Cleaning - $129
Fuel Injector Service - $139
Replace Cabin Air Filter (consult dealer for model pricing)
Brake Fluid Exhange - $129
Power Steering Service $169
Cooling System Service - $149

Factory Recommended Transmission Service

Recommended at 39,000 miles

Vehicles equiped with a .6 transmission - $279
Vehicles equiped with a .9 transmission - $359

Transmission Service Includes the Following

Remove transmission pan
Replace transmission filter & pan gasket
Renew fluid (5 quarts synthetic transmission fluid)
Road test to verify proper gearshift performance

*Pricing is for approximate illustration purposes only, pricing may differ at your dealership, please consult your dealership for current pricing*

LexDiamonds 04-16-2011 04:17 PM

Bumping this from the grave because it is an excellent post!

bheng 04-16-2011 04:36 PM

should be a sticky actually

billyhead1 04-16-2011 04:57 PM

I have a photocopy of the full dealer service schedule for the 209 from my indy mech. I will scan it and try to post....

Mka77 04-16-2011 05:16 PM

Excellent post Klinh. Thanks for providing the info. I really never have issues with the price for the A, but the B always seem a little excessive. Now I know why. Thanks again. BTW do you currently work at a MB dealership?

EuroTra$H 04-16-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by bheng (Post 4628746)
should be a sticky actually

:word:

mikata 04-16-2011 05:59 PM

Great post. How often do I change the transmission fluid and the brake fluid?

Benz8 04-16-2011 10:19 PM

:yawesome man i can check wht i dont need to spend at the dealer great post mannnnn.

Yidney 04-16-2011 10:22 PM

For the "addtional dealer recommendations," besides the tranny fluid at 39k, are there recommended intervals?

jay ridah 10-27-2011 01:57 AM

my dash tells me I'm about a week over due for Service D? Everyone i asked have NO idea what this entails.. Any ideas? I'm throwing my car in the dealer next week. just trying to get some info before i go in.

bheng 10-27-2011 02:14 AM

you can always call in and ask a service adviser to see what service D entails, i see that you have a CLS so maybe it only pertains to a CLS diagnostic.

im sure the owners manual says something about service D as well.

boull 10-28-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 3944831)
Mercedes-Benz Flex Service Details

A-Flex Service Approximate cost $199 - $249

B-Flex Service Approximate cost $299 - $449

Vehicles equiped with a .6 transmission - $279

Good God! the dealership here is sky rocketing the prices!
i was quoted:
A - Service = 400$ - 450$
B - Service = 1400$
Auto Transmission = 600$

I'll make sure to take a 2nd mortgage on the house to go to my stealership! :smash:

danlnyc 10-28-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by boull (Post 4893790)
Good God! the dealership here is sky rocketing the prices!
i was quoted:
A - Service = 400$ - 450$
B - Service = 1400$
Auto Transmission = 600$

I'll make sure to take a 2nd mortgage on the house to go to my stealership! :smash:

WOW. :smash:

That's insane prices....I'd look elsewhere. They are obviously ripping you off. I was able to get my service B done for less than $250

mikata 10-28-2011 02:15 PM

That's the prices I pay here in Sweden, it's really expensive here, but that price seems too steep for US prices.

billyhead1 10-28-2011 04:53 PM

Sheesh, all you guys need to do is google around and find some service specials, and then ask your local dealer to match - and they probably will....

Rudeney 10-29-2011 12:07 PM

A and B services are basically just oil and filter changes plus some "inspections". The main difference between them is that there are more inspections performed at the B service plus a change of the cabin air filter(s). Note that there are other items that usually coincide with he B-service, like changing the brake fluid and R&B of the tires. Honestly, paying more than $200 for an A service and more than $400 for a B-service (with brake fluid change) is ridiculous. A and B services are HUGE profit items for dealerships. Unless you just really like to make the dealership rich, either learn to do them yourself, or find a reputable indy to do it for you.

boull 10-31-2011 05:38 AM

& that's how they obtained the name "Stealership!"

Goldhawk 10-31-2011 06:25 AM

In Melbourne,the Mercedes Dealerships charge $525 for an A service and the B service they charge $825

michoblb 11-03-2011 05:04 PM

great thread!!!
I dont really check which service i'm going to as they never show up on my dash board.....does the car tell you when each service time comes up???

Chris Buffalo 11-03-2011 06:46 PM

How about the items listed in service "C" for a 2004 E55 W211?

I just used the manual to "clear" it after having an indy do an oil change, air filters, idler and tensioner pulleys, and a new thermostat.

Will it automatically begin a countdown to the next service interval?

boull 11-04-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by michoblb (Post 4902606)
great thread!!!
I dont really check which service i'm going to as they never show up on my dash board.....does the car tell you when each service time comes up???

The services come in a consecutive manner, so if you did Service A, next time will be Service B coming up. Also, it tells u how much time ur overdue as well, and lights up each time you start the car if u didnt take care of it.

and u need to reset the FSS on each service. u never serviced ur car for oil?

boull 11-04-2011 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Buffalo (Post 4902742)

Will it automatically begin a countdown to the next service interval?

YES!

togaclk55 11-04-2011 01:53 PM

Great thread!

Chris Buffalo 11-04-2011 04:07 PM

I have only had mine for about 5k miles, so I just took it in for the first time. Service C was what it wanted. I cleared that, then it said overdue for "B"; I cleared that too...now it says overdue for "D" -- wth?

michoblb 11-08-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by boull (Post 4903369)
The services come in a consecutive manner, so if you did Service A, next time will be Service B coming up. Also, it tells u how much time ur overdue as well, and lights up each time you start the car if u didnt take care of it.

and u need to reset the FSS on each service. u never serviced ur car for oil?

I always service my car...oil on maximum 5000km then on 15000 oil filters, petrol filters... but i didn't know what did each service contain before this thread... what did you do with your car!! did you check with the dealer I told you about??