CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Suspension replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010 | 05:23 PM

03 CLK320
Suspension replacement

I drive an 03 CLK 320, time to replace the suspension (prob should of done it 5k ago but since I don't drive much I just never had it done)

I'm looking to drop it and from reading these boards there seems to be some debate on what to use. Just wanted to get everybody's opinion one more time in this thread to make up my mind.

So I wound the choices to Bilstein struts/shocks - f/r (that seems to be the general consensus on the boards so i think i will stick with it unless someone could steer me in a better direction

as far as springs go this is where i see some debate - some people say eibach is the way to go and some people say H&R is the way to go
i'm thinking H&R springs - but please chime in on some other choices

I have thought about going with coilovers (my buddy with an audi A4 keeps pressing me to go this route and he almost has me convinced). I would love to hear what people have to say about coilovers. I have seen two available - Ksport and D2

the combo i have been considering (bilstein and h&r) is going for about $1000 at tirerack. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if thats the way to go or if i should be looking elsewhere, if so please fill me in.

any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2010 | 08:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by JrZkidd
I drive an 03 CLK 320, time to replace the suspension (prob should of done it 5k ago but since I don't drive much I just never had it done)

I'm looking to drop it and from reading these boards there seems to be some debate on what to use. Just wanted to get everybody's opinion one more time in this thread to make up my mind.

So I wound the choices to Bilstein struts/shocks - f/r (that seems to be the general consensus on the boards so i think i will stick with it unless someone could steer me in a better direction

as far as springs go this is where i see some debate - some people say eibach is the way to go and some people say H&R is the way to go
i'm thinking H&R springs - but please chime in on some other choices

I have thought about going with coilovers (my buddy with an audi A4 keeps pressing me to go this route and he almost has me convinced). I would love to hear what people have to say about coilovers. I have seen two available - Ksport and D2

the combo i have been considering (bilstein and h&r) is going for about $1000 at tirerack. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if thats the way to go or if i should be looking elsewhere, if so please fill me in.

any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

I'm using the H&R,Bilstein set up right now from Tirerack and I have no complaints. The H&R's lower it 1.4"F 1.3"R and the Eibach's 1.2"F 1.2"R. Some people say that the Eibach's ride a little smoother. I am actually in the process of switching to Vogtland springs so I will have some input on those in a week or two.

You could also go with the Bilstein Pss9 coilovers. Can't comment too much on the difference cuz I haven't tried them
Old 03-20-2010 | 10:49 PM

03 CLK320
Originally Posted by dynomite05
I'm using the H&R,Bilstein set up right now from Tirerack and I have no complaints. The H&R's lower it 1.4"F 1.3"R and the Eibach's 1.2"F 1.2"R. Some people say that the Eibach's ride a little smoother. I am actually in the process of switching to Vogtland springs so I will have some input on those in a week or two.

You could also go with the Bilstein Pss9 coilovers. Can't comment too much on the difference cuz I haven't tried them
lemme know what you think of the Vogtland's