CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Wiper observation and question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 04:36 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Exclamation Wiper observation and question

I've noticed that the black plastic end cap on the outer tip of the wiper blades sit very close to touching the windshield, on my car the passenger side is worse. I'm concerned that if the rubber blade wears down even a little bit it will come into contact with the glass scratching the windshield. Would some of my fellow 209 pilots please check to see if you notice the same thing.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-24-2003, 08:26 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Well I decided to stop at the local dealer to see if they had any 209's...they did a 500 and a 55, checked the wipers on both and they are about the same as mine, if you push the arm slightly as if it's going into the upstroke the rubber blade bends down and allows the tip to get very close to the glass. I checked out the new E and their design is much better than the 209's as the blades are taller and stand upright with lots of clearance like the new SL's.

I also took a look under the hood of a new E and saw that the engine cooling fan(got a bad vibration in mine on very hot days 90+) is much better that the 209's with a much more sturdy design a better fan set-up and a much more secure fit. The fan housing in all the 209 is loose at the top. I happen to run into one of the techs by service and asked him about the fan design, he said some 209 customers that have just come down to FLA have been making comments about their fans that they did not experience up north. My car goes in a about a week or so for this as the whole car vibrates when this thing goes into super high speed...very un-Mercedes like