CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Garage Opener (No Garage Remote)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
Garage Opener (No Garage Remote)

I Was Watching Instructions On How To Program The Garage Opener In My Car On Youtube And The Process Seems Pretty Simple Right... WRONG!!

I Accidentally Drove Over The Garage Opener Remote With My Last Car... So My Question To You Experienced Wizards Is... "Can I Program My Garage Opener In The Car Without The Actual Remote That Opens The Garage..??"

Just In Case Your Wondering.. I Disconnected The Part Of The Track That Attaches To The Garage Door And Ive Been Opening And Closing It Manually... But I Would Love To Put It Back And Use My Cars Opener...)
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 AM

-=[CLK 500 2006]=- -=[Dodge Ram 2001]=- -=[Kawasaki Ninja 636 2005]=-
I dont think you can... because the car needs the same frequency of what the remote has...

I also tried that instruction on youtube but I cannot get it to work... My sister got mad because I tried it like twice and all I did was to close/open the garage a million times using the remote and not the car's homelink! LOL
Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Don't think you could program it without th remote. I was able to program it with no problem using the manual a couple years ago
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM

'06 CLK-500
I just did a quick search and saw a 'Universal Remote' at nearly every major retailer for $25 or so. One review said they were cheap and had to get reprogrammed every so often, but you only need it briefly to set up your car the right way. I think it would be worth your while to do it and fix your Homelink. Sure beats getting in and out and lifting the door...

My worked fairly well when I just set it up. (My issue is setting it up for the gate to get into the community. Seems like the button has to be held for too long and the gate opens and closes too quickly to set.) Good luck.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM

CLK500
Originally Posted by cnetski
I just did a quick search and saw a 'Universal Remote' at nearly every major retailer for $25 or so. One review said they were cheap and had to get reprogrammed every so often, but you only need it briefly to set up your car the right way. I think it would be worth your while to do it and fix your Homelink. Sure beats getting in and out and lifting the door...

My worked fairly well when I just set it up. (My issue is setting it up for the gate to get into the community. Seems like the button has to be held for too long and the gate opens and closes too quickly to set.) Good luck.
Thanx...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Maybe you can.

Most garage door openers have a 'Learn' feature for syncing a new remote. If you don't have one you may be able to get an instruction manual for your opener at the mfgs website. Put the opener in the Learn mode and then press one of the buttons in the car. That is let the opener learn the car signal instead of vice versa. In some opener the 'Learn' mode stays on for about 30 sec giving you plenty of time to go to the car. But some have posted that they needed to keep pressing a button to stay in the Learn mode so then it's a two person job.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM

2002 clk 430
theres a button on ur ur garage door motor (not the remote) u press that button then run to ur car and press and hold the first button u want programed down till ur garage door starts moving thats how i did my two door garage all u do is repeat for each button and if u dont have the button on ur motor ur out of luck u cant do anything

Last edited by jreddyroc; 05-27-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 05-31-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Thumbs up Homelink & rolling codes

Originally Posted by cnetski

Cnetcki,
I have a 2005 E320CDI. Part of the community gate problem is that the new remotes are all universal codes and not fixed code remotes. With the old fix code remotes you did not need a learn button for community gates because the gate administrator would put that code/pin number into the gate system. I have been going "nuts" between Homelink, MB & Chamberlain. No one has the solution. Except Lear (homelinks competition), what they did was supply a new chip with the a code that the dealer installed in the car's Lear operator. Homelink tells me that they can not supply a chip. If the gate operator had a learn button then there would be not problem. But, our gate system (Sentex) and I would guess other systems do not have a learn button like a garage door opener.
I have discovered 2 things. 1) When I had the administrator of the gate read what remotes let cars into the community we found that my Homelink put out a code/pin that was denied but the code was not the code/pin of the remote. It seems that when programing the remote into Homelink, Homelink created it's own code/pin and not the code or pin number on the remote. Once we found the code number and programed it into the gate system all worked. There is a 2010 Lexus with a Homelink in our community and we captured the code. The code/pin was different than mine and it worked once it was in the gate system. 2) Reading another thread I found a reference to a SDS Patch 1411 (problem with losing codes) which is issued for 207 & 212 cars. My car is a 211 but the patch mentioned it corrected a rolling code problem. This Thursday I have an appointment with MB and I am going to see if they will apply this patch since it mentioned rolling codes.
One other thing which I have not been able to check out.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM

'06 CLK-500
Thx so much for all of those details. I guess I need to call the HOA and do some investigating.

Let us know what happens at MB with the patch.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM

Homelink rolling code

SA tells me that the patch does not apply to my car. SA also says that my rolling code problem was passed up the chain of command.

It is not a major problem and I don't expect more of a response.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
you don't need a remote if it's a rolling code. Just need your manual and know that you have to hold the button on your mirror down until the door moves.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:56 AM

Here the fix you are looking for

I am in an HOA and had the same problem. Here is what you do. Save the rolling code clicker just like you would the fix clicker. The mirror now has the a rolling code saved (one code not many). Now go to the key pad and push the mirror button that you used. IT WILL NOT OPEN THE GATE. But the keypad has read it.

I am lucking because I am in charge of entering the gate codes at our HOA so I can go into the system and find the codes that opens the gate. So your "guy/gal" who can get into the system has to look for the time you tried to enter the code and they will see "access denied" and a code number. Take that number ADD it into the keypad system under your name (or however the enter the clicker numbers). Once entered PRESS the car button or the clicker button and either one will open the gate.

This works on my 2005 CDI and my brand new E250 BlueTech
If you have any problem PM me with the problem and I'll see if I can figure out.

Good luck
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM

2005 CLK 320
Originally Posted by RichardM98
Maybe you can.

Most garage door openers have a 'Learn' feature for syncing a new remote. If you don't have one you may be able to get an instruction manual for your opener at the mfgs website. Put the opener in the Learn mode and then press one of the buttons in the car. That is let the opener learn the car signal instead of vice versa. In some opener the 'Learn' mode stays on for about 30 sec giving you plenty of time to go to the car. But some have posted that they needed to keep pressing a button to stay in the Learn mode so then it's a two person job.
Exactly this.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:09 PM

MB c300
Programming 2015 MB c300 garage door opener without garage door handheld remote

Push train button on garage door motor and hold one of the garage door buttons inside car until the light flashes green. I pulled the car inside the garage to make it easier