CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need desperate help with Low Bean change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe
Need desperate help with Low Bean change

Hi All,

I changed my low beam lightbuld and now I can't get the stu..d socket back into the hole to stay. Is there a special way of turning this or some allignment pins?

I have spent 2 hours on this and no go. Can't really see the opening to figure out if there is specific allignment or something, but have tried turning in every angle and it won't lock in place. Geez, I'd hate to take this to the dealer for a bulb replacement. Thanks if you can help me out, much appreciated !!!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
mmm if i remember correctly, i think mine had a screw that i needed to screw in to secure it.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
I just changed my high beam yesterday along with parking, yet again The parking is just a push in, the high beam was a twist in and took a couple tries to get the proper angle to lock it. There was no screw. I would imagine that the low beam would be the same as high beam. I guess I can take my out and see how that goes. I do not remember any screw, now HID could very well be deferent and have a screw.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by jagundo
Hi All,

I changed my low beam lightbuld and now I can't get the stu..d socket back into the hole to stay. Is there a special way of turning this or some allignment pins?

I have spent 2 hours on this and no go. Can't really see the opening to figure out if there is specific allignment or something, but have tried turning in every angle and it won't lock in place. Geez, I'd hate to take this to the dealer for a bulb replacement. Thanks if you can help me out, much appreciated !!!

What kind of headlight is it? halogen or bix?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 AM

2013 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dariusf
I just changed my high beam yesterday along with parking, yet again The parking is just a push in, the high beam was a twist in and took a couple tries to get the proper angle to lock it. There was no screw. I would imagine that the low beam would be the same as high beam. I guess I can take my out and see how that goes. I do not remember any screw, now HID could very well be deferent and have a screw.
I would appreciate it if you can help. I have tried twisting it in 100 different ways and it doesnt lock. I removed the other side also to check and now I have 2 lights that I cant put back, frustrating. I have changed bulbs numerous cars and this by far has been the worst ever. SO I have no lights installed until I can figure this out.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 PM

2013 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by dynomite05
What kind of headlight is it? halogen or bix?
Halogen. The bulb socket should stay in place with a turn clockwise but no luck.