CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

WTF? CLK Falling Apart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
Angry WTF? CLK Falling Apart

During the past 3months I've had the follwing problems pop up and I'm reluctant to bring to dealer for fear of being charged a small fortune. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1.) Glove box has difficult time opening, once closed. Also has a hard time closing once opened. The latch inside the glove box that the hook on the inside of the glove box door clasps onto is loose and therefore makes it difficult to engage/disengage to open/close. I've jammed some paper in between the latch and hole that it sits in to tighten it up and it's a decent temporary fix but I was wondering how I could either tighten the latch permanently? Or any other suggestions to fix? Apologies for my termanology and if this is unclear please let me know.

2.) Lid completely popped off of the center armrest and the buttons are stuck so I cannot push them in to put the armrest back in place per other threads on here. Any ideas how to get the buttons to move?

3.) The sunroof opens half way and then starts to make a cracking awful sound for a few seconds before it stops in the half open position. Saw similar problems on other threads here but no solution. Thoughts?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS400 4Matic 2016 / ML 350 2009 / clk 320 w209 sold/ sl 500 1996 sold/ cls550 2008 sold
hi man, I donno for the first two points, but for the sunroof, take it off coz perhaps there is somethin blocking the system.
anyway if I were you I would take it to the dealer coz u could make it worth by not knowing and tryin things. tehn you'll have to pay a fortune for sure... good luck man