CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

'04 Cabriolet reviewed in Mercedes Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
'04 Cabriolet reviewed in Mercedes Enthusiast

Just got my May issue of the Mercedes Enthusiast. Cover photo and feature article is the 2004 CLK Cabriolet. It is pictured in Firemist Red with the anthracite/berry red trim and black top. A nice combination overall. Also shown is brilliant silver AMG CLK Cabriolet with black interior. With the tops down both look like the new SL from first glance. Praised is the improved visibility with the new top which includes a larger back glass window. In their view, "losing the roof has improved CLK's styling."

Anyone seen the recent issue of The Star as to whether it includes a review of the 2004 CLK Cabrio? I'm guessing we will start seeing reviews in the June issues of the major U.S. car magazines.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:51 AM

Mercedes Enthusiast available in US

I was at O'Hare airport earlier this week and noticed copies of the above referenced issue of the Mercedes Enthusiast available at one of the newstands that carry foreign magazines. It was the newstand after you go through security in Terminal 3. I assume other newstands at O'Hare might have it too. (The foreign magazines are not prominently displayed so you will need to ask where they are at.) There was also a feature on the CLK cabriolet (not as detailed) in one of the other British magazines there as well. (Auto Express, Issue 748, p. 28 - it has some nice photos including one of the interior with the wood steering wheel as well as a photo of a person seated in the rear with the caption stating, "Impressive leg room in the rear." Build quality is also praised. Photoed is the CLK 500 with the AMG Package.)

I see the June issue of Motor Trend has a small blurb on the new CLK cabriolet, but no feature article. Have yet to see issues of the June Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Automobile. Again, anyone gotten the recent issue of The Star yet and if so does it feature the CLK Cabriolet?

Last edited by northbenz; 05-03-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:26 PM

More detailed review above/below

See more detailed commentary of the Auto Express article on separate thread.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:48 PM

CLK Cabriolet to be featured in May/June Star

Just spoke with the publisher today and am informed there will be a feature on the 2004 CLK Cabriolet in the May/June issue of The Star which has just gone out in shipping. Anyone who gets their copy first please post and let us know what kind of review it got?