CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

04 CLK 320A Tele-aid Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK320A and 2008 ML350
04 CLK 320A Tele-aid Malfunction

Hello
I have a 2004 CLK convertible that the tele aid system is continually trying to connect a call and I don't have the tele-aid service.
The problem is that it will set off the alarm when the call fails and it is draining the battery. If the car sits for a week, the battery will be dead and has to be jump started.

I brought it to my dealer because I wanted the system to be by passed. The dealer told me that I needed a new tele-aid control panel and new alarm siren. The cost was over $3200 ! The other option is to by pass the system with additional cables. They said the cost is mostly labor and would be $1050.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If yes, have you been able to disconnect the system?

Thanks !
Old 10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I don't have an answer for your problem, but try and find a reputable independent shop to do you work. The dealer will drain you faster than your battery..lol
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 4-matic
Teleaid falsely trying to make SOS call

Originally Posted by Babo91
Hello
I have a 2004 CLK convertible that the tele aid system is continually trying to connect a call and I don't have the tele-aid service.
The problem is that it will set off the alarm when the call fails and it is draining the battery. If the car sits for a week, the battery will be dead and has to be jump started.

I brought it to my dealer because I wanted the system to be by passed. The dealer told me that I needed a new tele-aid control panel and new alarm siren. The cost was over $3200 ! The other option is to by pass the system with additional cables. They said the cost is mostly labor and would be $1050.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If yes, have you been able to disconnect the system?

Thanks !
=========
I have this as a NEW problem on my car - started just before 100k miles. When the trunk is opened (doors closed), it sometimes tries to call for Help. If trunk and 1 or more doors are open, it frequently calls for help - makes siren noise and cuts out the radio. Usually it happens at the end of a trip; occasionally as I am starting out. Car has provision for an installed phone; no phone installed. After a few minutes, the siren stops and it tells me call Failed. So far, it has never drained battery.

Elsewhere on this site, I found these 2 suggestions for TeleAid problems:
If you are getting the SOS Teli Aid message and it won't go away, you might want to try cleaning the splitter connection in the LH side of the trunk pannel. This was my problem and the message went away and has not returned. I used dielectric grease in the plug connection.

Remove the truck pannel on the LH side and look for a splitter just like cable tv. It will be stuck to the LH quarter pannel. Mine had corrosion on the single red connection. One connection goes in and 2 come out of the splitter.

Get ready to sweat if it is hot outside! It's hot with your head inside of the trunk for 45 minutes!
============
My mechanic replaced two fuses today and both SRS and TeleAid errors went away. One fuse was under the steering column, the other was under the back seat. This is so strange as I didn't mess with electrical system at all including disconnecting the battery before the malfunction (s).

$130, all fixed, weird weird but glad it's fixed.

He's been fixing german rides for 20 years and claims he never saw this one.
===========
Any ideas, suggestions, warnings? Thanks !!!!!!