CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

TELE AID SYSTEM Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benzo larenzo
TELE AID SYSTEM Upgrade

Anyone else got this letter ?

Mercedes-Benz has launched a new telematics service to replace their now 10-year old Tele Aid. The new system, called mbrace, adds features, including giving iPhone and BlackBerry users the ability to remotely unlock or lock their vehicles and help find their way back to their car using a map displayed on their smartphones. (See our reviews of iPhone and other smart phone navigation apps.)
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...-tele-aid.html

Last edited by badblackbenz550; 12-03-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:03 AM

2007 CLK 550 Cab
I got the upgrade for free when I bought my CPO 2007 550 in March. Mind you, it took the dealer 3 tries, plus I spent several hours on the phone with level two mBrace tech support before they got the new system working. But I'm not sure the annual fee is worth it - the big attraction of mBrace to me was they advertised that I could work out custom routes on googlemaps on my computer and send it wirelessly to my car's COMAND navigation system. Turns out they lied - you need the hard drive COMAND unit, not the DVD version. As a result of my complaint they changed the description and system requirements in the brochures and online. But I didn't get my money back.
The rest of the mBrace features seem mundane and not worth the money.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

benzo larenzo
Originally Posted by JoeBloggs
I got the upgrade for free when I bought my CPO 2007 550 in March. Mind you, it took the dealer 3 tries, plus I spent several hours on the phone with level two mBrace tech support before they got the new system working. But I'm not sure the annual fee is worth it - the big attraction of mBrace to me was they advertised that I could work out custom routes on googlemaps on my computer and send it wirelessly to my car's COMAND navigation system. Turns out they lied - you need the hard drive COMAND unit, not the DVD version. As a result of my complaint they changed the description and system requirements in the brochures and online. But I didn't get my money back.
The rest of the mBrace features seem mundane and not worth the money.
thank you for your input i will wait no need for me to get something that doesn't work, ive seen many people complain about this system.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM

2007 CLK 550 Cab
The other feature that is perhaps worthwhile is the vehicle tracking system, in case your car gets stolen. Of course, I hope never to have to use it . . . .