CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comand

What do you guys think of COMAND and those whom have it are you glad you chose that option? Do you think it's worth it.

I'm sure this has been asked before...and I've done a search on the forums for info.

Being that this is my first MB, I would not want to skip out on a good option. I feel that I will not use the NAV portion too much. So my question really is what else does it offer and is it worth getting if I do not plan on using the NAV portion often.

My CLK will be 04, I'm going to call my salesman on the specs for the 04 NAV and COMAND. As of now, I have not added the COMAND option to my order.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

pp
Old 04-30-2003, 02:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
even if you do not use NAV a lot...the unit is definitely a lot better (looks and sound quality) then the standard US cassette system...get it!

greetingz,
Old 04-30-2003, 05:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
$50,000 car without NAV and a hole in the center console is not the way to go. I bought both of my AMGs without NAV and I had to retrofit the Comand later in both cars. I don't use it often but when I do, it has been quite helpful and I would never buy another Benz without the NAV. The price may seem steep, at $2000 factory installed, but it integrates 100% with your car and it looks better than aftermarket NAV systems. I would recommended the phone/ voice activation package also. I have it in both of my cars and I use it on the daily basis. When buying a Benz, don't go cheap and skim on options because you will regret it later. The new CLK( W209) radio sits high in the center console, the W208 CLK is lower, and the "hole" will certainly make the car look cheap, IMHO.

John
Old 04-30-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E63S,
I have had NAV in all my luxury cars. Its one of those items you think you will never use. However, it is great when you finally do use it. Think of all those times where you use Mapquest, or yahoo maps to get directions somewhere. Even honda accords now have navigation (a much better version than ours) available as an option. You want to skimp on it on a benz? The phone thing, i like, had it on my 740i, but hate Verizon, cingular, and AT&T.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 240
I was in a similar position 12 months ago and went with a very basic 240. Not getting command is my only regret - go for it!