CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Get the SL55
36.84%
Get the E55
31.58%
Keep the CLK500
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Your opinion is appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
Originally Posted by dr_npz
You have a hard decision to make, but what about a C63 AMG?

If just those three are your options, i would go for the supercharged M113. But be carefull, the maintance can be really expensive, especially with that engine and airmatic.
If it should be my dailly drive - E55 or CLS55 is my choice.

Thank you for the advice...that Murdered out E is SICK
Old 01-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
The SL55 is the superior car, but I don't think you should trade in your low mileage CLK for a higher mileage SL55 from a financial view.
I am sure you're aware of the certain issues with them, and if you're cool with all that, then I say go for it. It doesn't seem like you'll be driving it much, so maintenance for you shouldn't be as bad as if you were daily driving it and putting some hard miles on it.
Plus, since it all comes down to you wanting more power, it'll be easier and less headaches to just pick up the SL55 or E55 instead of modding the CLK.
Are you only looking at other Mercedes cars, or looking at other cars or tuner cars?
Because if you keep the CLK, I'd recommend going with something like a STi. Abundance of mods available, reliable, and get the power you want. AND still be able to drive it daily in the Chicago winters here.
Just a thought.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
Originally Posted by kostas86
The SL55 is the superior car, but I don't think you should trade in your low mileage CLK for a higher mileage SL55 from a financial view.
I am sure you're aware of the certain issues with them, and if you're cool with all that, then I say go for it. It doesn't seem like you'll be driving it much, so maintenance for you shouldn't be as bad as if you were daily driving it and putting some hard miles on it.
Plus, since it all comes down to you wanting more power, it'll be easier and less headaches to just pick up the SL55 or E55 instead of modding the CLK.
Are you only looking at other Mercedes cars, or looking at other cars or tuner cars?
Because if you keep the CLK, I'd recommend going with something like a STi. Abundance of mods available, reliable, and get the power you want. AND still be able to drive it daily in the Chicago winters here.
Just a thought.

Thank you for the reply. I am just in love with both the SL and the E AMG cars right now. I think Im just looking for more power and both provide that. as youve noticed, i really dont drive the CLK that much as it is so you are right that the maintenance on the SL or E wouldnt be too bad, but work would still need to be done to those cars. I really have no idea what I am going to do. Might just get a tune and exhaust on the 500. Its funny you mention the STi...i see a ton of them around here too but the majority I see are riced out. It could be a clean car, but people just ruin it.