CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Oil leek from magnets to o2 sensor!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk200 cabrio
Oil leek from magnets to o2 sensor!

Hi guys,

See if someone can help me with this... im no mechanic but I will try and explain problem as best as I can..

I took my clk200 cabrio to MB delearship because my Engine warning light was on. They rang me up telling me that oil from the engine magnets had leaked throught the engine wiring loom into one of the o2 sensors on the exhaust. They replaced these magnets in order to stop the any oil leaking any further.

But they also told me I had to take the car in to replace the wiring loom and o2 sensor.

My questions are :

If they have stopped the oil leaking by replacing the magnets why do the wiring loom and sensor need replacing wouldnt cleaning these parts solve my problem?

If I carry on using my car in the condition it is now could it cause any other problems? The mechanic mentioned that since the wiring loom may sill be full of oil, this could go on to leak into other sensors or electrics?

Also if any of you knew where I can buy cheap Merc OEM parts online, or at least prices so that I can compare with the prices my dealership are quoting .. since the total bill runs up to £1000 including labour!

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks