CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 550 issues before warranty expires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350, CLK550
CLK 550 issues before warranty expires?

I did some searching and was hoping to find a thread with a list of CLK 550 potential issues to look at before your warranty expires. I am at 48k miles and about 1 week left on the warranty.

I have a 2007 CLK 550 that is going in for Service B on Friday (using the $100 off coupon from the mb service special web site). Dealer quoted me $300 before the coupon.

The only issue I have had with the car since I have owned it in the last year is the cam shaft sensor had to be replaced. The car is CPO'ed and under an extended warranty for another year.

My engine serial does not appear on the list of the serials affected by the class action lawsuit.

Is there anything in particular that I should closely at? Everything appears to be working fine but I do not want to miss something that I should pay a little extra attention to.

I do hear an occasional thump noise when I first drive the car in the morning and turn onto the road that sounds like it is coming from the trunk. I was thinking that may be a mount issue but I am really not sure.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS450
I just bough mine a few weeks ago and it has a leaking valve cover. There are not many clk550 owners here. So you will probably not get much pointers here.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 CLK350 -SOLD! 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium Turbo
There's enough 550 owners here to give you the "look out for" items. Just start a list yourself. Get under the car, under the hood and look for anything suspect. The noise in the trunk is usually something along the lines of a loose capture ring for the spare, or maybe the tool kit, or jack. Welcome to the club, and enjoy your CLK.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
im at 64k and no problems as of yet. Car performs exactly the same as when i first got it believe it or not. I also have an 07
Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I'm taking my '08 550 in next week for a few small things since I need an alignment anyway. They will fix even small stuff. But you usually won't get a fix for a "problem" area unless yours is currently exhibiting the problem. My driver's door main weatherstrip sags on the door bottom and does not seat correctly. The dash ashtray often opens slowly, jerkily or hardly at all (I've checked these on several used ones at dealers and most don't open smoothly). A cable is loose around my rear window (cabriolet). My glove box damper is too stiff. The driver's seat belt presenter goes in and out repeatedly in weather below about 20 degrees on the first start of the day, and on very rare and unpredicatable occasions the car does not recognize the key when I grab the door handle to unlock it (keyless go), but resets when I use the button on the remote to unlock the door. The only issues I really care about are the top cable and the door seal. All are pretty minor stuff but free is free, so why not. Car just turned 30,000 miles. No leaks or anything I've found. Yours likely has none of these issues except maybe the door seal and the ashtray.

Last edited by Yidney; 04-26-2011 at 11:57 AM.