CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 500 phone problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 500
Unhappy CLK 500 phone problems

After waiting for 6 months for MB to install my voice activated phone in my '03 500E, I finally gave up and worked out a reasonable deal to trade for an '03 CLK 500 which they assured me would work great. Guess what, the first system they installed didn't work at all so they assumed that it was defective and installed another system. They had extreme difficulty getting the second one to work causing me to wait an extra 3 hours at the dealership.

My problem is that my reception is extremely poor. I have two other phones (one is a V60) on the same Verizon network which when they show 3-4 bars the MB phone only shows 1 bar and many times displays "No Service." I don't get it the phone itself, not the electronics, was the one in my E500 but now that it's been intalled in the new car the reception has significantly decreased.

Any idea what's going on. I can't believe that the main issue for my disappointment with the E500 is even worse in the CLK. I'd appreciate any ideas. I've already called the dealer again and while they say they'll take care of it I just don't believe them and its not something I'm willing to live with.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:15 AM

E320
I have no problems with my v60 (although I have ATT service). My signal strength is better than my previous phone, and it works perfectly.

My suggestion is that you find a dealer that knows how to install and fix the phone. It is a great feature.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:37 AM

S63 AMG
I had the same issue until iI removed the little rubber circle on the back of the phone.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:24 PM

2003 CLK 500
Fixed

After spending another day in the shop it turns out that there was a problem with the antenna. I know have great reception.

On another note, some of the features that the dealer thought were part of my phone system (i.e. vm notification and SMS message readable on the screen) are only available with the Command option.

To make up for the misunderstanding the dealer is having an aftermarket navigation system installed on them.