CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aftermarket Double Din head unit - Lose steering wheel controls?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
Aftermarket Double Din head unit - Lose steering wheel controls?

Hi there

Just a quick question, I am thinking of purchasing an aftermarket headunit to replace my current mercedes head unit.

I am thinking of purchasing the Pioneer AVIC-F910BT (AVIC-x910BT in US) or the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT (Pioneer AVIC-x930BT in US)

Now I have been told steering wheel control costs an additional £100 (approx $120).

What do I lose if I do not purchase the steering wheel control?

I have the electronic LCD dash display which includes a digital speedometer, temperature display and other options which allows me to choose whether I want the wing mirrors to fold in etc. Will I lose all these things if I decide not to go with steering wheel control or will I just lose the option to increase/decrease the sound and skip tracks etc.

Can somebody please help.

Thank you
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
You will lose radio controls. The rest should be just fine.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
Originally Posted by malahhaor
You will lose radio controls. The rest should be just fine.
Thanks for your assistance. It's quite expensive for the steering wheel controls so don't want to pay unless it wipes out my whole dash. One of the most important aspects of my dash is the speedometer as it links to my cruise control and the digital temperature gauge on the dash.

I assume the + and - buttons along with all the other buttons will all work as usual (to browse through all the other the dash controls except audio)

Does anyone know what happens to the dash then? Currently you have an option to choose the audio option and when the radio is off it says "radio off" and when it is on you can select per track etc. Will this still show (but can't do anything with it) or will it just not show anymore on the dash.

Last edited by bboy; 06-29-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
i have a pioneer unit can i can scroll through the cds, ipod songs, and i havent tried radio cuz i never listen to it through my steering wheel. so its possible. just gotta get the eu version of the pioneer adapter.

what you lose is the "CD" display on that dash and what ever else audio relatd with the dash. mine just says pioneer on it. which is a plus in my opinion cuz its clean