CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Air Con HELP PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK240
Air Con HELP PLEASE.

Hi

I am from Australia. I just recently purchased a 2004 CLK240. Everything in it is sweet. However the a/c doesn't work. The compressor doesn't seem to be turning on. I have taken it to 2 auto electricians to have a look. The first one i said i had no gas and regassed it (problem not solved). He gave up so i went to the second. He checked all fuses and relays and scanned the computer for errors. Everything clear. So he gave up.

I have read on other threads that people have used the "rest" diagnostics feature to test for sensors, temps and freon levels. But i have the older style control panels with the dials. (not the one with the digital LCD - i think its called "Thermatic"). Is there anyway i can do the same diagnostic with my control panel?

I guess my last resort will be to bring it into a dealership. But i really dont want to get overcharged by them over something like this.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
bring it to the dealership and have them diagnose. play dumb.

once they diagnose, tell them you dont want it fixed. go to any independent shop and have it done for cheaper.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK240
LOL... i think i might have to do that.

I would have thought there would have been a way to do the diagnostics on the a/c on this model. Lucky its still cold here in Australia.