CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Remote key issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 W211 E55 AMG
Remote key issues

Just want to ask if anyone has had this happen to them before... A few months ago my key remote just stopped working properly.. By that I mean it would only work by facing the key and standing directly in front of the door sensor to operate when normally u can face the key in any direction and even be a few metres away from the car and can still operate the keys functions.. It's really a pain because I have to stand directly in front of the door with the sensor to open/lock my car or open the boot when normally you should be able to do it while being metres away from the car. So I thought maybe it's the batteries or the key was playing up so I got my spare key and exact same problem.

I asked my dealer and they said might be the key but I believe it can't be the case as I had tried the spare key within that day and it wouldnt work properly.
Any ideas on what this could be guys? I thnk it has something to do with the car because I don't thnk that both keys can just "stuff up" at the same time..
Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 AM

2004 clk 320
It's a sensor that is in your rear windshield. Same thing happened to me, and it may also be that your door sensors are going bad too. It's around $1600 for the sensor plus installation at the dealer. I Havnt replaced mine yet
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blckclk
It's a sensor that is in your rear windshield. Same thing happened to me, and it may also be that your door sensors are going bad too. It's around $1600 for the sensor plus installation at the dealer. I Havnt replaced mine yet
Oh that just brought a tear to my eye I can only imagine what the price is gonna be for here in australia probably double that as we get raped for Mercedes parts here