CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bi-Xenon Q

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
Bi-Xenon Q

This has been bugging me for about a week now. I purchased a BRAND NEW BI-XENON headlight from the dealership (driver side) and i purchased a pre-owned passenger side BI-Xenon from eBay(second one). The Passenger side is in great shape, but the newER one is a lot brighter for some reason. I even went so far as putting in two new bulbs for each, but still nothing. I even leveled them and angled them..but it's not help. What can the problem be? Do i need a new ballast? Or perhaps do i need to clearn/replace something in the odl headlight to get it brighter?

PS, it's got nothing to do with the lens/cover.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
This has been bugging me for about a week now. I purchased a BRAND NEW BI-XENON headlight from the dealership (driver side) and i purchased a pre-owned passenger side BI-Xenon from eBay(second one). The Passenger side is in great shape, but the newER one is a lot brighter for some reason. I even went so far as putting in two new bulbs for each, but still nothing. I even leveled them and angled them..but it's not help. What can the problem be? Do i need a new ballast? Or perhaps do i need to clearn/replace something in the odl headlight to get it brighter?

PS, it's got nothing to do with the lens/cover.
If you have already changed the bulbs and that was not the issue, then the issue has to lie within the ballast. If you can easily remove the headlights try swapping them temporarily (even though they won't fit back in, just connect them, and see if the problem follows the headlight or stays on one side.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Try and switch the ballasts and see what happens.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
Originally Posted by jctevere
If you have already changed the bulbs and that was not the issue, then the issue has to lie within the ballast. If you can easily remove the headlights try swapping them temporarily (even though they won't fit back in, just connect them, and see if the problem follows the headlight or stays on one side.
Are the ballasts easily changeable?