CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What is wrong with my alarm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
My friend has a new i135. He did not buy the remote start option but the car came with the start/stop button. To start the car, he has to insert his key into a receptor and then push the start button. This 2-step process is hilarious.

Thanks for this thread that I went to lubricate the locks. If unattended, they will eventually stop working.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Is the BMW system (and Nissan uses one similar) any more odd than inserting your plastic SmartKey into the "ignition switch" and turning it to start? I think eventually, all cars will come standard with the Keyless-Go style entry and start. Just like 20 years ago when keyless entry was a luxury, but now almost every car sold, even the least expensive one, comes with a remote to lock and unlock. In fact, I'll bet that someday soon, our cell phones will be our car keys. Just like many cars now have Bluetooth hands-free, they will have similar system for pairing the phone for purposes of unlocking and starting. There are already "apps" for remote start and unlock, so I don't think this is too far away. The cell phone will truly become one's "electronic avatar".