CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need advice buying new CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice buying new CLK

Since I am still so depressed over selling my '99 CLK320 a couple years ago, I have been awaiting the new CLK. I have read the forum, but I am coming up short on a few facts.

Is it true that the CLK coupe will be available for delivery this July 2002?
Is it true that the CLK Cab will be available for delivery in July 2003?
Do we know when AWD will be available on the CLK?
Will the panoramic roof be on the CLK coupe?

My ultimate goal is to own the CLK Cab (love the folding steel roof idea). I don't really need the power of the V-8, since my old CLK320 was such a joy to drive. I noticed that when selling my old CLK320 Coupe that I would have been far better off at trade-in value had I bought the CLK430. The extra money in the payments for the 430 would have come back to me easily when I went to sell it. Is it a good strategy to try to buy the CLK500 in July 2002 with the idea of trading it for a CLK320 Cab AWD (if available) in 2003? I really like to drive a new car every 2-3 years so I am trying to work my way up to a good car that trades-in well, for my future cars. I could see me rotating CLK Cabs the rest of my life (if I am lucky!!!). I was just so jealous of the guys that seemed to be able to get full MSRP on their Cabs after having had the joy of driving the car for a year or two.

Please help me out with some direction if you can. My local dealer is not very helpful so I don't like to go to them before I actually know most of the answers to my questions.

Thank you.