CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I need help from experts please !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold 2003 CLK 500,2003 SL 500,2006 Acura MDX,1998 BMW M3 convertible
I need help from experts please !!

Hello, I need some advice here please. The problem is that my clk has the srs light on and the tele aid defected and display visit work shop. I will pick up my car Saturday from dealer, cause I purchased it from out of state (online auction).Now the car has a clean car fax and they told me car has look like its never been in a accident.They told me reason the srs and tele aid (blue tooth) is not working is cause it has a after market pioneer navigation head unit? So this is true or they are lying to me? and if its true could they be a adapter that I can used so the tele aid and srs lights go out and worked !! Your help would be gladly appreciated !!..Thank you in advance !!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 240 - 2003
Originally Posted by jbenz99
Hello, I need some advice here please. The problem is that my clk has the srs light on and the tele aid defected and display visit work shop. I will pick up my car Saturday from dealer, cause I purchased it from out of state (online auction).Now the car has a clean car fax and they told me car has look like its never been in a accident.They told me reason the srs and tele aid (blue tooth) is not working is cause it has a after market pioneer navigation head unit? So this is true or they are lying to me? and if its true could they be a adapter that I can used so the tele aid and srs lights go out and worked !! Your help would be gladly appreciated !!..Thank you in advance !!
i had the SRS light up as well (sometimes in addition to other stuff like having an empty tank when the car has gas in it or blinking of the high beam).

the issue was coming from my COMMAND 2.0 since it was broadcasting random messages on the BUS which lead to such faults.

Yes it is possible that ur aftermarket unit is doing the issues u described if it is wired corretly on the CAN-BUS of ur car (to be able to transmit on the closed circuit in the car) -- The COMMAND became defective and it shined my dashboard like a christmas tree and the car had no issues whatsoever, all because of the HU.

one way to make sure that the aftermarket unit is the issue is to have it only wired to the its power source (detached from the CAN-BUS behind).

if the SRS light persists, then the issue is not from ur aftermarket unit.

NOTE when the car is scanned for error codes, the mechanic should definitely know if the issue is from the HU or the car has another issue code(s) found.

tele aid defected cz of the HU?.. but again, i dont have that option in my car, so i prefer someone else gives u a hint about that.

good luck with the fix.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Originally Posted by jbenz99
I believe these are two different issues (might be caused by the radio install), so I will address them separately:

TeleAid - You're car is a 2003, so you have the old analog system. You will have to either pay lots of $$$$ to retrofit the digital system and activate the service OR code out TeleAid via Star SDS so the car does not expect it to be there (and give you SOS Malfunction messages).

SRS - This has to be an issue with one of your airbags, the seat sensors (for the "smart" airbags; ie weight dependent deployment) or the crash sensors. Its possible that during the radio install, one of the airbag wires were severed; but you will not find the root cause without plugging in the Star SDS.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Thanks guys for all yout help ! I got the srs light fix I told the dealer to take it to mb shop for repair ! They found a wire harness damaged! The place where I purchased the car wanted me to pay the $ 357.00 repair bill and I just told them I want my money back for car and within a minute they ok repair ! As for the Tele aid ,SOS mulfunction Its a out dated system and i need to updated system and subcribe to Tele aid ! I am not doing this I call a indy shop so they can remove program from system so i don't get that annoying malfunction every time I start car and they can do it for about $95 that fine with me
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
sorry. been busy and havent been on the forums much bud.

looks like you got it all settled. i didnt think it had to do with the pioneer system other than a fail job at installing the car. welcome to the w209 aftermarket hu club!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by bheng
sorry. been busy and havent been on the forums much bud.

looks like you got it all settled. i didnt think it had to do with the pioneer system other than a fail job at installing the car. welcome to the w209 aftermarket hu club!
THanks bro !!!!!!