CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SRS light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 350
SRS light on

Guys and girls

I need your help.

2006 CLK 350 , electrical seats on both sites , no heated seats

Yesterday i wanted to let the kids in the back on the passenger site and the seat tilted, but did not come up. With soem wiggling and sliding the seat backwards and forward it finally came up. So sat the kids in the back and started the car. SRS light was on ever since , so the incident is clearly related with wiggling on the seat or something broke, because it must have had a reason that the seat just tilted but not came up. The seat is always in the same position and did functioned just fine so i can eliminate the reason i saw in one post that the seat was not in the right position not come up.

I believe i found an loose yellow connector under the seat in the front, and reseated it. So fare so good. light is still on.

The question i have is now, does the SRS system reset itself when the issue is solved, or do I still have an issue somewhere around that seat, and that is why the light is still on?

Or do i need to see the dealer to reset the SRS system?

Your help would be appreciated.

HB
Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
The same thing happened to me - the airbag wire is strapped down so tightly, it comes unplugged after so many articulations of the seat. I took the back panel off the seat and was able to work some slack into the wire so it won't happen again.

Unfortunately, SRS error do not "self-clear". You will have to find someone with the proper diagnostic tool to do that. I have a "clone" of SDS, and I know others have this, too. Maybe you can put out a call for someone nearby who can help. Otherwise, you'll probably need a $100 visit to the dealer.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 350
Rudeney,

Thanksk a bunch and that is what i thought. I will check behind teh panel as well and you are right the cables are very tight. One question how do you get a "clone" of SDS. I had my SW when i was working on my Volvo's but was not aware that you can get SW for the MB version.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Check eBay. Look for "mercedes c4" Here's one:

Mercedes Diagnostic

This is a "best offer", which you can probably get for an offer just above $500. Just know that eBay often cancels these auctions, but it can take a few days. The sellers just relist, and then change their names to keep going. Anyhow, as long as you can get the payment processed, you get your item. Use a credit card "just in case" because PayPal/eBay protection is void on "canceled" auctions.

What you get is a hard drive with a VMWare virtual machine containing all the software, plus the RS232-OBDII multiplexer. You just need a computer (laptop) with a serial port. If you aren't familiar with VMWare and vitalization, it's basically a way to run a "computer within a computer". It works quite well.