CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Parktronic Parking Sensors Pushed in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012 | 08:36 AM

CLK320, A209
Parktronic Parking Sensors Pushed in...

While washing my CLK320 today, I noticed one of the Parktronic parking sensors on the front bumper was pushed in and a little loose...

On checking it, I touched the sensor and it was pushed in totally, right into the hole!

Searching the forums, it appears that the only way to fit the sensor back in was to take off the bumper and push it back in form behind, which was not a trivial task!

Not wanting to embark on a big job of removing the bumper... I messed around for an hour trying various methods to "pull" the sensor back into place. Including using Blutac, sticky tape, 3M foam tape, etc... stuck to the tip of a screw driver... And trying to use the stickiness to "pull" the sensor back into place.

No luck, only got as far as "pulling" the sensor back towards the front of the hole but still some 10 mm (1/2 inch) off the correct/flush position. The sticky stuff simply did not have enough pulling power.

Anyway, I finally tried using a vacuum cleaner to "suck" the sensor back into place. After a few tries (after first aligning the sensor using a screw driver with sticky foam tape at the tip to get the sensor as far forward as possible...).

SUCCESS!

The vacuum suction was able to "suck" the sensor back into place.

I hope this tip will help someone else with the same problem.
Old 02-05-2012 | 10:35 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Sucks for you! Nice DIY!