CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Newbie's hello and first question re handsfree cell phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
Newbie's hello and first question re handsfree cell phone

Hello all, I'm knew to MBs and am sold on always having one. I just learned of this forum a few weeks ago and been ghosting during that time and have found your advice and comments knowledgeable and helpful; and I'd like to first thank you all for them.
I have an 04 CLK 350 Cabriolet and want to put in a cell phone aftermarket mod to integrate using a phone thru the steering wheel controls. My cousin works at a local MB dealership and can hook me up with an aftermarket unit and obviously, I trust him with the unit he's chosen and the price. However, I'm wondering if it's worth the money as the top is always down and I'm concerned there may be too much wind noise at "spirited" or for that matter "normal" speeds to either hear my caller or to be heard by them. Those of you with verts, what is your experience? When the top is down can you hear your caller? Can they hear you? Is it worth it? I'm sure the State (Illinois) I live in will pass a statewide law soon banning all talking without bluetooth, currently its' the law in Chicago which I'm in alot. Any comments appreciated,
Thanks, Jim
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
oops, typo, it's an 04 320, not 350