CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

new side-view mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new side-view mirror

i broke my side-view mirror yestreday
but its only the turn-signal part that is broken(the glass)

everything else is ok

so can i just change the turn-signal ?
and how much and where can i get it done?

thank you

this picture is not my car
only the turn0signal part is broken:
Attached Thumbnails new side-view mirror-clk_12aas.jpg  
Old 07-05-2003, 05:14 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
My guess is that you will have to have the entire unit replaced. I've had the glass broken on mirror assemblies and the parts books would not even recognize the mirror piece of glass as a part. It was replace the whole assembly or go to your local NAPA shop and try to find a paste-on mirror of close to similar size. (Of course this was on a completely different vehicle than yours, but that seems to be the trend - i.e. switching out whole assemblies.)
Old 07-05-2003, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by northbenz
My guess is that you will have to have the entire unit replaced. I've had the glass broken on mirror assemblies and the parts books would not even recognize the mirror piece of glass as a part. It was replace the whole assembly or go to your local NAPA shop and try to find a paste-on mirror of close to similar size. (Of course this was on a completely different vehicle than yours, but that seems to be the trend - i.e. switching out whole assemblies.)
what is NAPA shop?

if i had to replace the entire unit, how much do you think it will cost?
thanks
Old 07-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 E320, 2003 C230 Kompressor
If I understand you correctly, you broke the lense on the back part of the mirror that covers the turn signal bulb. If this is correct, you will not find this at a NAPA store.....(Napa is an auto parts store) You are going to have to get this from Mercedes and they probably don't just sell the lense. You might try a salvage yard specializing in high end cars. There are some around.....Look in MBCA magazine ads.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by benz2
If I understand you correctly, you broke the lense on the back part of the mirror that covers the turn signal bulb. If this is correct, you will not find this at a NAPA store.....(Napa is an auto parts store) You are going to have to get this from Mercedes and they probably don't just sell the lense. You might try a salvage yard specializing in high end cars. There are some around.....Look in MBCA magazine ads.

just found out that i can buy just the lense for $26 only
at a local MB dealer
thanks for the help anyway
Old 07-09-2003, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
yeah, you should be able to get that from a dealer... here's the down low of most dealers, if you know the part number of the item, whether it be a small screw or a sunroof motor, they can get it for you.

If you are not specific, or can't pinpoint which part or know the part number, they will try and sell you the entire assembly...