CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

engine light is on/How to activate the phone system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
engine light is on/How to activate the phone system

Hi.
I have a MB CLK350 2006.

After I was driving fast, the odometer went to 60; right afterwards the engine light came on. Need to know if there's a way to turn it off.

Also, I need to know if there's a way to activate the phone system on my car. if there are any instructions/steps to follow, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you --
Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You need to get the codes checked. You can't just "turn off" the MIL. Of course if the problem is just something "transient", the light will go out after 3 or 4 error-free drive.

As for the phone, most CLK's just came "pre-wired" for cell phones, which means there is just a wiring harness there and it requires more equipment to get your phone working. If you have a "puck" or a docking connector in the center console, then you're lucky, because if not, you're $700 away from syncing your phone.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
Thanks for answer.
Ok you I should go to MB dealer for engine light.
And Can you tell me more about the phone system?Or give me another link at this weblog about the phone system.
I attached the picture from my car,maybe you can tell me what do I should to do.

Thanks again.
Emy
Attached Thumbnails engine light is on/How to activate the phone system-9ea9c59f73083b4b4d02_17.jpg   engine light is on/How to activate the phone system-9ea9c59f73083b4b4d02_20.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Dealer will cost more. You probably have a shop nearby that specializes in MB's that will do it for less.

As for the phone, you sound about as informed as I am when it comes to electronics. Most people these days know a lot more about such things, and so they tend to talk to each other in posts and much of it goes over the head of people like me. You can search the forum and finds lots of posts, but if you read them all and if you are like me you'll be halfway between informed and frustrated. I could figure it all out I suppose, but I guess I don't care enough about using my phone in the car. For example, it's never clear to me if the MB "puck" can be used with any smart phone. If it can, then it's never clear to me why some people prefer to go another route, especially since there is some suggestion that some alternatives render the steering wheel buttons useless. I can do pretty much anything mechanical on my car, but if I was holding a puck in my hand I would not know what to do next.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
MBZ builds some of the most technologically advanced automobiles in the world, but when it comes to cockpit entertainment and connectivity, they are usually way behind. In 2004, they were still selling cars with cassette tape decks and CD players were optional trunk or glove box mounted cartridge-style changers. Cell phones were integrated via proprietary MHI (multi-handset interface) cradles that worked only with special MBZ-branded phones.

The phones were made by Motorola or Nokia, but had the three-pointed star logo and a special chip to allow only those models to work in the car's cradle. You could expect to spend about $2K for an MBZ phone system, including the phone.

Fast forward to more modern times. MBZ finally created what was called the UHI, or Universal Handset Interface. This was capable of adapting different non-MBZ branded phones via different cradles that docked into the car. The car's part of the dock was still over $1K in parts, plus the cradle, then you could bring your own phone, assuming MBZ made a cradle to fit it. Bluetooth was then implemented by a "puck" that plugged into the UHI and emulated a cradle (with a phone inserted).

Most MBZ models with TeleAid came "prewired" for cell phone installation. This simply means that the wiring harnesses were there, but not the actual interface electronics. It was done this way so dealers could add the UHI for the customer. The parts to install UHI in a pre-wired vehicle are over $1K via the dealer, and then you still have to buy the BT "puck" for $200+.

If you want to add BT, the cheapest way might be to replace the head unit. If you want to keep the factory head unit, there is an eBay seller who packages the OEM parts for around $700 (cellguy85).