CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help with console retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clk 350 Convertible
Need help with console retrofit

I've looked on line and the closest I could get was here:

This is the center console of my car:

This is what I want: This is the previous version of the center console.

I would even buy new to get the right color.
The interior of my car is considered Stone.

I need to find either this center console in my color, or the lightest color available. My color is called stone, I just can't find the closest match and the merc parts counter is no help.
They want the vin number. Mine is WDBTK56F58F250079 if that helps.

Also, based on the diagram above, would you believe the old armrest and console glove box is a drop in replacement, because that's the only thing I really want to change.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by dspevack; 06-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I'm pretty sure there would only have been three colors- some version of charcoal, a lighter gray, and some version of tan. I can't recall the last year of the older console - around 2004. If you look at every CLK in the year range that used the older console that is for sale on AutoTrader or Cars.com I'm sure you'll see every possible color. There will be hundreds of cars. You'll see quickly it is not a whole rainbow of choices. I just don't know how close the tan version back then was to stone.

On another topic, when you said you bought a multi-contour ventilated seat I didn't realize you got one in a different color. Are you leaving it black?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Clk 350 Convertible
Originally Posted by Yidney
On another topic, when you said you bought a multi-contour ventilated seat I didn't realize you got one in a different color. Are you leaving it black?
No, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find someone to redo it in the proper color. Buying the seat new would have cost many thousands and I couldn't find it used in my color. Got this used off a 2009 wreck for about $1300 including pumps, hoses and Upper control Panel.
It's going to cost me more than that toget it recovered, and the least expensive places want to send it out because apparently there are some elements to the heater that are attached to the cover, so the cover with these elements must be sent out so the company can move those elements over. If I do that it will be two weeks unless I pay extra for fast shipping. and then that will be +$100 to cut it down to 1 week without a car.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
To answer your other questions, most cars for sale online publish the VIN, so once you find a tan one, you could take the dealer a VIN. But no, I'm pretty sure the part does not just drop in. You can see from your photos that the design of the large piece that the armrest sits on is different. Similar, but not the same at all. For example, look how close the new armrest comes to the wood by the shifter and how far away the old design is.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK550 Cab
Originally Posted by dspevack
No, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find someone to redo it in the proper color. Buying the seat new would have cost many thousands and I couldn't find it used in my color. Got this used off a 2009 wreck for about $1300 including pumps, hoses and Upper control Panel.
It's going to cost me more than that toget it recovered, and the least expensive places want to send it out because apparently there are some elements to the heater that are attached to the cover, so the cover with these elements must be sent out so the company can move those elements over. If I do that it will be two weeks unless I pay extra for fast shipping. and then that will be +$100 to cut it down to 1 week without a car.
Dying it would be temporary - white over black. Did you actually price one at a dealer? With side airbags, heaters, vent fans and the contour air bladders I'm guessing $10K for that seat new.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM

Clk 350 Convertible
Originally Posted by Yidney
Dying it would be temporary - white over black. Did you actually price one at a dealer? With side airbags, heaters, vent fans and the contour air bladders I'm guessing $10K for that seat new.
Around 5k