CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question on accessing rear seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML430, '03 C320 Coupe MT, '14 GL450
Question on accessing rear seats

When you tilt the front seats forward to access the rear seats, is there a way to automatically move the front seat forward, to make it easier to get into the back? We have an '04 model.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
Here's how my '03 CLK 500 works:

If the front seat is back a good bit and you tilt the seat-back to get in the rear, not only will the seat-back tilt, but the bottom rear part of the seat will lift completely off the floor and tilt forward to make getting into the rear seat easy.

If the seat is more forward when you tilt the seat-back, then the bottom rear part of the seat will not lift off the floor since the seat is already too far forward to allow it.

I don't know of a way to have the power seats automatically move forward when you tilt the seat-back. But the above seems to work pretty well.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Oh....man...I was really starting to wonder if my seats were broken.
Sometimes when I lift the flap to move the seat forward, only the back moves forward. Then sometimes the back of the seat and the bottom both move forward together. I was like...what the heck!! My seat's broken already?!!! I didn't know it depends on the seat's position (how far back it is). Thanks for the info....good thing I didn't call my dealer and B!tch...I would have felt like a retard!!

Maybe I should read the owners manual one of these days!!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:13 PM

'01 ML430, '03 C320 Coupe MT, '14 GL450
Thanks for the replies. I verified that my seats work the same. I have not read that part in the owner's manual yet, so thanks for the tip!

I have also found out that if you activate the easy-entry system (I have only the steering wheel moving up), it stops returning to the drive position when you start the car. So I have to put in the SmartKey, and then not start the car until the steering wheel stopped moving.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:22 PM

Slk 230 & CLK500
Originally posted by kokketiel
Thanks for the replies. I verified that my seats work the same. I have not read that part in the owner's manual yet, so thanks for the tip!

I have also found out that if you activate the easy-entry system (I have only the steering wheel moving up), it stops returning to the drive position when you start the car. So I have to put in the SmartKey, and then not start the car until the steering wheel stopped moving.
If that happens just push & hold the memory button until everything is where it should be.