CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Strange Lighting Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLK550 AMG
Angry Strange Lighting Problems

Hey guys,

Recently, I have had problems with my right side marker light not coming on sometimes. I changed the bulb but sometimes it still does not come on unless I shut off and restart the car. I get the error message on the instrument cluster when it is not working. These are factory type bulbs. It has never been in any accidents and the bulb contacts are free and clear of corrosion.

After that, I just installed an aftermarket HID kit with the capacitors to eliminate the error light on the dash. They have been ok until today, my right headlight sometimes stops working and I get the error message. Sometimes if I restart my car they work fine.

The weird part is that if the light is not working and I pull my foglights on, the headlight will come on. Then I can turn the foglight off and the headlight stays lit.

I don't know if this is inferior HID kit or I am having electrical problem with a control module.

Is there a light control module for this car that is a frequent issue like the SAM or BMW's LKM that needs replacing?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I'm not sure about the foglight/HID headlight issue, but on the side marker issue, make sure the wiring and/or socket aren't burned/melted - that is a common problem.