CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just purchased 2nd CLK500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Arrow Just purchased 2nd CLK500

Hey guys -

Well, its been 9 months with my CLK500 and I'm still nothing short of thrilled with it. My family recently got a place in Boca Raton, Florida and we were looking for a nice car to have for down there.

After looking at the Audi A4 convertable, it wasn't long before my dad pulled the trigger on a CLK500 cabriolet. Pewter exterior, charcoal interior (including COMAND and seats with air conditioning/fans in them!?) and a black canvas top.

I saw the car today at the dealership and after not being impressed at all at a Silver on Ash 500cab, I was blown away by the Pewter on charcoal. Good god, what a difference. This car was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I still maintain that my hardtop coupe looks better in silver, but as far as the cab, Pewter is just stunning.

There is a 1 year wait at the 4 closest dealerships to us here in NY, but you know the "money talks" phrase.. An $8,000 premium and we'll have it in November. I must say I'm very excited, and the fact that it'll be a Florida car ensures it will be kept mint. Yay!

Last edited by likuidM5; 08-04-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:02 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts
Congrats I may know of a FL dealer that may not be 8k over sticker for the 500 cab and can get you a car. If interested let me know.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:33 PM

2005 SL65
FL mint?

likuidM5...

hate to shatter your world, dude, but boca's no car-paradise...and your dad's car won't be kept mint there. i'm there probably a couple times weekly and i do declare i know full well what i'm talking about.

first, S FL is door-dingers' paradise. unless i get a wide spot or a corner in a lot, my 55 doesn't get parked. (the GF's got a 320, and we often use that at night.) that's how bad it is. you can watch people open their doors with impunity; they don't care if you're in the car when they do it.

second, the dealers and service centers in S FL aren't great. unless i have an emergency, my cars will NEVER be serviced down here. within a few days, i'll be driving back up north (it takes about 21 hours, with stops) to take care of some business AND have the car serviced.

third, you won't believe how blisteringly hot the interior of a car with a dark exterior color can become. (the dark interior will only worsen it.) i ignored my GF's advice, having only visited, but not lived, down here. i'm sorry i got dark blue. i mean, i love the color, but the heat will MELT you. and you'll be wiping the interior of all the windows because the plastics will continually off-gas.

fourth, dude, money doesn't talk all that loudly down here, unless you're known, that is. there's more than most anywhere else. from the window of this corner office, i can look down upon $5 - $20 million yachts whose guests i can shout "good morning" to because they're so close.

hey, just be prepared...and don't say i didn't tell you so.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts
Yes the sun is brutal down here, my 04 will be black and stone and I'm sorry I switched from silver & charc on my 03 but I wanted a change, my cars are under cover night and day and I keep them very waxed up though. I do think think that the heat is better than tough NE winters plus it gets pretty hot in the summers up north too. There is some pretty wealthy folks down here especially in Palm Beach County, some are truly wealthy and others live in one bedroom apts with a Ferrari in the garage anyway it sounds like this guys familty should be able to survive down here just fine (willing to pay 8k over sticker... I think my salesperson could have helped you do much much better). As far as the service goes my experiences have not been great, they screw up more than they fix and often repair the wrongs things before finding what's really causing the problem Aviod the service dept if you can. Door dingers are plentyful and yes park away from the crowded areas. enjoy cruising your cab down A1A, the trip to Palm Beach is great

Last edited by RJC; 08-05-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:11 AM

2005 SL65
burned...

RJC

our friend likuidM5 had best toe-test reality before walking into this sauna and getting burned.

S FL is a giant scam waiting to swallow the unsuspecting. if our friend desires to be a lamb among lions, that's his privelege.

the rules by which i, and so may others i've spoken with, play by seem to apply sporadically here. a contract is not so much an informed meeting of the minds as it is a prelude to litigation. and a "premium" to get a car, well, that's as good as speculating in financial markets or just plain old gifting somebody.

so, that's my $.02 versus the family likuidM5's $8k. on whom would you bet?