CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2009 CLK 550 and MBrace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLK 550 and MBrace

Hi all,

I bought a 2009 CLK 550 back in June. I got the 3 months free of MBrace service when I purchased the car. One of the main reasons I liked MBrace is b/c Mercedes can't build a user interface to save their life and I wanted to use the MBRace app to utilize the "Send2Benz" functionality - that way I could just input an address on my iphone then send it to the nav unit - problem with input woes gone!

When I started using it, I was told that some of the functionality wouldn't work - namely the "Lock" doors function from the app. Anyway, for a while the app worked fine, I could use Send2Benz to send an address to my nav unit, I could locate the car via the app (mostly a novelty).

About 2-3 months ago, the Send2Benz stopped working. My Nav unit would get the address but when I would hit "Start Route Guidance" the nav unit would just go back to the map and not start route guidance. My wife called MBrace and they insisted our car wouldn't support this functionality. They seemed tone deaf when we told them this used to work. Anyway, they responded by disabling the app - when I even try to click on "Send2Benz" the app says its not supported on our car. So they obviously did something on their end.

So I just took the car to the dealer hoping to get it sorted. When I call MBrace through the mercedes, they did send the address to the nav unit and ran into the same problem as before - click "Start Route Guidance" and nothing happens. Dealer checked our nav unit and nothing wrong with it.

So my question is has anybody else had a similar experience? Like I said, this used to work and just stopped working! MBrace just repeatedly tells me that my car doesn't support Send2Benz. I paid for 2 years and am probably going to cancel. But I really did like MBrace and would like to keep it, so if I could get a clue if maybe this is some problem on MBrace's side and just need to speak to the right person, that would be great. Worst case I cancel, but I would really like to see if I can find a solution to this.

Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
MBUSA keeps offering me a "lifetime" subscription to MBrace for $299, and I've almost jumped on it, except for one thing - they won't let me locate the car unless I'm within a short distance of it, i.e. finding it in a parking lot. I think this is ridiculous! One reason I'd like to have it is keeping up with my 18yo if she ever drives it. I have an aftermarket GPS tracker in her C- Class that I can even get texts if there are speeding or curfew violations on. Anyhow, my understanding is that the CLK does not support this feature. My guess is that it "sometimes" works, but since its flakey, MBZ disables it so as to avoid customer problems.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current: 2011 SL550 Previous: '07 CLK550 Cabriolet 1981 240D
I have had mbrace for a little over a year. Send2Benz never worked for me. When I called mbrace, I was told that feature is not available on my yr/model. The locate and unlock are the only features that work from my smart phone. I believe the lock function worked at one time, it also no longer works. This make no sense to me that I am able to unlock my vehicle, but not able to remotely lock it. I do like the fact that it places a call into mbrace, if you get in an accident and the airbag is deployed, but I plan to discontinue when my contract is up due to the limited functionality on my yr/model.