CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

report mods to auto ins. company

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2003 | 10:08 AM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
Question report mods to auto ins. company

Got my auto insurance renewal stuff in the mail yesterday and it included a separate form asking about modifications (do you have a modified suspension? do you have oversized wheels? etc)
Have you guys reported mods to your insurance companies? Anyone know any possible implications of reporting vs. not?
Did your rates increase? If you get into an accident, could your claim be denied?
Any input appreciated!
Old 08-13-2003 | 11:04 AM

Your rates may be increased..

..but as long as you report mods you will be covered. Id be careful though because right now insurance companies are looking for excuses to drop people so I wonder if you claimed lowering the vehicle would to them be considered a risk???

Good question.
Old 08-13-2003 | 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Re: Your rates may be increased..

Originally posted by Nebraska99
..but as long as you report mods you will be covered. Id be careful though because right now insurance companies are looking for excuses to drop people so I wonder if you claimed lowering the vehicle would to them be considered a risk???

Good question.
it's one of the reasons why i didn't claim my mods.. downfall is, god forbid, the car is involved in a wreck.. the mods won't be covered.