CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Navigation and COMAND options for 2005 CLK 320?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes CLK320
Navigation and COMAND options for 2005 CLK 320?

I have a 2005 CLK320 coupe in Capri Blue Metallic with Ash interior. It currently has the factory in dash navigation system with no updates as far as I know.

I want to update the navigation but have a few options:

1. Update the disk
- what does the disk change interface-wise? Obviously the maps will update but is that it? And what is the newest disk that will be compatible with my 2005 factory system? Anywhere I can get that other than from the dealer?

2. Update the factory navigation
- I'm not sure what the options are for this, does anyone have any information? I love the look of the factory COMAND but would like to have something newer... is there a newer system that I could buy online or from the dealer that would fit into my dash?

3. Aftermarket system
- Anyone have any recommendations for an in-dash system that will still look great in my woodgrain dash without costing me a fortune?

Anything I get done I will have professionally installed as I don't have any time to do it. Any other modifications anyone recommends? Headlights, exterior modifications, interior upgrades, anything you think would make my car even better.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
The update disc just updates the maps and map data. It doesn't really add any new functionality. Your car has the latest version of the COMAND unit, so really your only options are to go aftermarket. Dynavin makes units designed to fit n with the looks very well. Otherwise, you buy a faceplate install kit and you can add pretty much an double-DIN unit you want.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 2005
Originally Posted by Rudeney
The update disc just updates the maps and map data. It doesn't really add any new functionality. Your car has the latest version of the COMAND unit, so really your only options are to go aftermarket. Dynavin makes units designed to fit n with the looks very well. Otherwise, you buy a faceplate install kit and you can add pretty much an double-DIN unit you want.
Dynavin units look good for clk however I emailed them to check if they have model that fits 2005 clk320, they came back saying there's no Dynavin unit that fits 2005 clk.

Any other unit recommendations aside from going the faceplate route?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK350 '06
Originally Posted by wercedes
Dynavin units look good for clk however I emailed them to check if they have model that fits 2005 clk320, they came back saying there's no Dynavin unit that fits 2005 clk.

Any other unit recommendations aside from going the faceplate route?
i suspected this when investigating for my 2004 C230 coupe kompressor.

Dynavin has great looking, top flight nav units for the pre 2005 facelift cars, but not post face lift!

You might investigate how to downgrade to a 2004 unit for your car with Dynavin?

That would be interesting.