CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

mBrace Problem - Weird Latitude/Longitude

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mBrace Problem - Weird Latitude/Longitude

Okay guys,

I've posted a few times here before regarding problems w/ our mBrace and our Send2Benz. I have a 2009 CLK 550 Cabriolet that I purchased CPO'ed back in June. I've taken the car to the dealer for this problem to no avail. When we use the mBrace App to Send2Benz, we then connect to mBrace using the wrench. The address actually appears on the mBrace unit and asks if we want to continue with route guidance. We hit "Yes" and the screen flashes then nothing happens. The dealer and mBrace said our car doesn't support this feature but it did work when we first got the car. So my wife happened to notice that a screen would flash right before it did nothing. It woudl say "Dynamic Routing" followed by the address we sent. I got a video of this.

So here is where it gets weirder. I noticed that under "Last Destinations" a new latitude/longitude pair would appear! HOWEVER, the latitude and longitude is not a valid value (for instance, under the minutes portion of the latitude, there is a value greater than 60, which isn't valid). And when I click on the newly added latitude/longitude I get an error screen that says "You must change the state or province in order to use that destination". So that might make sense b/c the lat/long is invalid and can't map it. For instance, one value I get in the lat/long that gets added is:

NORTH 39 (degrees) 64' 40" 9
WEST 280 (degrees) 15'22"

So the actual communication b/w mBrace and the car seems to be working, BUT there is something lost in translation at some point - maybe the address getting geocoded to a lat/long - but i imagine this would impact everyone. Or could it be that the software in our unit is wrong??? The only other thing to note is that when we click the wrench to dial mBrace, the COMMAND unit shows "Tele Aid" on the screen along with what looks like a speaker with a line through it (like its muted). Not sure if that's normal or not b/c I know at one point MB did use TeleAid.

Any guidance??? I've taken to the dealer twice but this is new info and since they couldn't solve it the first time, if anybody had a clue that might help that would be great. Very weird!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM

May be worth noting

It may be worth noting that when I first got the car and the mBrace service, I could use the "Locate my Benz" feature on the iPhone app and it worked fine. However, it stopped working completely and the iPhone app just shows that the car's location is unavailable. So something seems to have happened.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:00 PM

MB GL450
Navigation Problem when from mbrace downloading

I am having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM

Nope!

Unfortunately not! I have tried and tried to deal with the dealer and mBrace. It goes back and forth with no resolution. With mBrace they always tend to say "Your vehicle doesn't support that feature." And that's it. I have gotten a few that don't just say that and tried to help but to no avail. So I don't know if its true that the year and model simple don't cover it or if mBrace just says that so they don't have to deal with it. All I know is that it did work for some time, then just stopped working. Its strange b/c it obviously does get a response from mBrace and everything, but it flashes that odd lat/long very briefly and of course that doesn't work. Seems like something lost in translation. For the time being I've given up on it. If you get anywhere please update me!!

Originally Posted by dibthree
I am having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution?