CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W209 various issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320 Convertible 1999
W209 various issues

Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2005 CLK 500. I already love it.
I am having some issues though and would appreciate your input.
I have searched for most of them but did not find exact answers though.

1: The center armrest is stuck. The lower level (the bigger one) opens straight away without pushing any buttons or pulling any levers, but the top one is stuck.
I push either/bth side buttons and it does not open, even with heavy force.
I tried the key, but it only goes 3/4 of the way.
Now the key position is at 12 o'clock (when looking from drivers seat, it's facing straight). It turns counter clockwise, but does not go all the way to (probably) 9 o'clock.
Is there any way I can open the armrest? Its a single piece one, not the one with dual doors.

2: the vehicle is equipped with Mercedes Command center (I believe it's MCS BB0650).
When I got the car, buttons on a command center were unresponsive, but the screen was working. Screen would only change is cassette was inserted in a CD changer, but again none of the buttons or dials were responsive, both on the unit and steering wheel.
I went through the forums and did a reset (disconnected battery for about half an hour, touched + and - terminals (probably to discharge)), which I hoped would help, but now the unit does not switch at all.
Any suggestions where shall I start from?

3. How do I remove front cupholder (which is right next to the glovbox). I hardly took it out, it does not seem to come out fully and now does not stay inside.

4. Roughly after 5-10 minutes when starting the car, I hear some tick noise coming from the driver side, probably somewhere around below the steering wheel (I checked, it's not a bomb ) any Idea what can it be, or has anyone had it as well?

At this stage I think this is it.
Will be thankful for all suggestions.
Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
See my response over on BW:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w209...ml#post5733307