CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CD Changer: Removal of stuck CD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 SLK230 450SL
CD Changer: Removal of stuck CD

Had difficulty finding posts on the subject, so I hope this is useful ...

I could not remove the CD holder stack next to the CDChanger in my RHD version (glovebox on the left). Used the wife's flat metal spatula to snap off the two tabs under the holder which latch into the base of the glovebox rack. Now I know!

Once the storage unit was out, the single Torx screw holding the CDC in place is easy to get at. The unit is moved sideways about 1cm to unlatch the peg on the other side, and now the cables can be unplugged and the player removed to the workbench for stripping.

On the underside of the player, you can then use a tiny screwdriver to carefully rotate the small nylon sprocket gear shown in the picture in a clockwise direction. This moves the CD back into the cassette.

Reverse procedure, and mine works again!

Regards from Cape Town SA
Attached Thumbnails CD Changer: Removal of stuck CD-cd-holder-bottom-latches.jpg   CD Changer: Removal of stuck CD-cdc-glovebox-mount.jpg   CD Changer: Removal of stuck CD-cd-stuck.jpg