CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

water leakage on passenger side, 2007 clk550 convertible

Old 10-05-2015, 11:30 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You really should not be getting any rain water in the area of your photo. Although it's not a completely waterproof seal, there is a gasket between the water collector and the hood that should keep that mostly dry.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 500 with AMG Package, Not Convertible
So car has finally dried and there is no water, but now there is SRS light on and says to visit workshop.

It was not there before all of this 'soaking and wet' drama!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
15' CLS400
Congrats to both of you! Time to update your member photo Yidney!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 clk550, 2006 clk500 (sold)
Hey Rodney, do you have a listing of the weatherstrip drain holes or would you know if there are water drains holes where door weatherstripping meets the windshield column, just forward of the door mirrors? I ask because I have rain water dripping into the CLK550 from area above the small door speaker (inside of the door mirror area). I checked and could not see any drain holes on the ends of the door weatherstrip but was able to push a q-tip into the end of the weatherstrip on the passenger side but not on the driver side. Thank you
Old 11-04-2018, 02:53 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
This is a cabriolet, right? I know I have posted this before on the forum (or on benzworld). There are two drain in the A-pillar seal. One is easy to see with the top open as it looks like a large funnel. The other is outside of that and has a smaller drain that only seals with the window raised. You can pour water in the channel on the windshield header to test them.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 Mercedes CLK 320 Convertable
Passenger side water leakage

Originally Posted by Rudeney
This is a cabriolet, right? I know I have posted this before on the forum (or on benzworld). There are two drain in the A-pillar seal. One is easy to see with the top open as it looks like a large funnel. The other is outside of that and has a smaller drain that only seals with the window raised. You can pour water in the channel on the windshield header to test them.
Glad I found this thread! I have a 2000 Clk 320 Convertible that just started leaking on the passenger while going through a car wash. I came dripping down on the front passenger side. I could see it streaming down on the right side of the foot well on the passenger side, and then when I got home, I noticed the entire floor was soaked. The water was really pooled up where the flat portion of the floor starts to go up along the firewall. I was trying to find out where this was coming from and I saw what looked like a hole in the engine compartment beside the ECM. That was noticed after I vacuumed all of the leaves that were collected there. That hole looked like it was there from the factory. Shined a light down there but could could not see the light under the dash. Does this sound like my water collectors under the windshield are clogged? After the second wash with the leak, my blower motor would not shut off! I'm almost positive that the water shorted out my blower resistor.

Does this sound like I'm on the right track, or should I be checking anything else