CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What do you think of this deal???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None yet
What do you think of this deal???

Hello new To the form 22-year-old professional soccer player looking to buy my first car. Have 9k of my own money to spend have come across this deal on cars.com for 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 coupe 119,156 miles condition of the car looks great leather seats sunroof etc. It's listed as $7,995 but I was gonna ask $7500. I realize it being a luxury car is going to be very expensive to maintain but at the same time I've heard great things about the reliability of the specific model. My question to you guys is how is the reliability? Have you had any major issues as far as maintenance etc? Would you do this deal..?? I appreciate the help again I'm just a kid first time buyer and have earned this money and would like something nice ! I appreciate the help and looking out for me too!

You can see for yourself here:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national
Old 07-30-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O4 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Scsoccer911
Hello new To the form 22-year-old professional soccer player looking to buy my first car. Have 9k of my own money to spend have come across this deal on cars.com for 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 coupe 119,156 miles condition of the car looks great leather seats sunroof etc. It's listed as $7,995 but I was gonna ask $7500. I realize it being a luxury car is going to be very expensive to maintain but at the same time I've heard great things about the reliability of the specific model. My question to you guys is how is the reliability? Have you had any major issues as far as maintenance etc? Would you do this deal..?? I appreciate the help again I'm just a kid first time buyer and have earned this money and would like something nice ! I appreciate the help and looking out for me too!

You can see for yourself here:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national
1) Get a Car Fax...however even though the CF tells you about the maintenance of the vehicle...make sure you go over it with a fine tooth cone...take it to a dealer and pay the lil bit of money to have it scanned. ( I did not click on the link so don't know if it's at a dealer or not. If it is at a dealer...check out #2)
2) Try for $6500-$7K then let them take you up. Never hurts to try...
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 146 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
that looks SO MUCH like my last car, a 2006:

I wasn't initially crazy about the gray interior, but it grew on me and all my friends liked it better than their blacks. I even had those same wheels for snows. I'm not sure CarFax tells about maintenance; I thought it was just accidents and other things reported to the DMV, like inspections. I usually run VIN's by a SA at a MB dealer, who tells me about all the dealer-provided service. Who's to say whether a previous owner was getting service at a dealer with 100K+ miles though....when I just bought a 100K+ miles Lexus for my daughter, I found a local indie mechanic who would do a complete inspection for $120; I didn't bother for the $4400 Lexus but you should, just for the peace of mind. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If it's in good condition - tires, good paint, service records, etc., then about $7K is a good price. Do get a Carfax report, but also consider taking it to a MBZ dealer for a pre-purchase inspection. They will charge you, but it's worth it to find out what might be wrong.

As for maintenance, just read the forum to see the types of things you can expect. At that mileage, if the catalytic converters haven't been replaced, they will need it very soon.