CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK500 2005 Armsrest door stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 2005
CLK500 2005 Armsrest door stuck

Hey guys! please help.

I have the armrest cover that opens through both sides. those side buttons got stuck on the locked position. I was able to remove the entire top armrest and the buttons do not make it unlock anymore. is that fixable or can I buy just that top part instead of the whole center console piece?

thanks.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM

R129,W209
Should be fixable dude, happens to me when I try and shut it with too many things in the tray.

The inside has a set of latches either side, left and right. You need to push them inwards/upwards (left side) so that it would be as if the cover was closed. So, to do that you must depress the release button on the (right) side. The (right) release button locks the inside (left) set of latches when you depress it at a certain pressure. This will help you fit the armrest cover back.

Once you have the (right) release button pressed so that it keeps the (left) set of latches engaged/locked you can place the (left) edge of the armrest cover back where it should - all the while keeping the (right) release button pressed. You need to then close the cover as normal but of course keeping the (right) release button pressed so that it doesn't accidently lock itself again. A good firm press might help if the spring loaded mechanism keeps catching you out.

You can also interchange (left) with (right) and vice versa - depends where you want to sit to fix the armrest :P
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 AM

CLK320
Question

Obviously this CLK320/350 (M209) console armrest cover is a loser gadget. Is there any other Mercedes year armrest that is not dual side opening, that fits the console and avoid this nuisance again?

Any ideas or experiences out there?