CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Don't always trust the keyless window/roof close!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Exclamation Don't always trust the keyless window/roof close!!

Got home from work, had all the windows down and roof open on the way home ( it was a beautiful s. florida evening and the car looks so good this way) I used the auto close button on my door to close everything, figured I would go hit the treadmill and then by the time I was done my car would be cool enough to wash, sounds simple right?

Well after I got back I got my wash stuff ready and began to spray down the car with the hose (it was already getting dark by then), then I got my wash bucket nice and sudsy and began to wash from the roof down and guess what?!?

The f******* passenger window did not close with all the others and my interior was sprayed with water over the entire dash console and seats! After a second or two I regained my composure and got a big bath towel and began the clean up, fortunately for me I keep towels on the seat bottoms (stone interior) and clear plastic mats on top of the carpeted ones. There were water droplets everywhere but the towel got them up except for the water that got into the climate control buttons,radio buttons and upper dash buttons, I got a can of air blaster and managed to spray most of the water out. I then finished washiing the car and used the eagle one wax as u dry which left a super smooth finish and shine. I let the a/c run out of all vents dash and defrost for about 15-20 mins and put two damp rid containers in the car just to be sure. I tried the door button again and all windows closed just fine...never had this problem before Good thing I caught this before I rinsed the soap off! Thankfully I was able to dry it up so quickly. Be carefull not to trust this feature and check to see if everything is closed especially if it's starting or is already dark. Geeez, what a pain in the a$$ !

Last edited by RJC; 11-13-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
Dude, this happened to me one time also. I was using the feature and my brother lokked at me and said "your windows broken". I looked at him weird and looked at it and saw it didn't close. So i opened them again with the feature and tried to close it with the feature and it worked. Thats the only time it happened.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've found that the 2 front windows and sunroof "lose" their sync. and have to be resync. every now and then. I believe the procedure is to have the window closed and pull the auto-close switch and hold for about 1 second.

HTH
Old 11-14-2003, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
Hey it exactly happen to my E too man!!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:34 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
The timing could not have been worse for me
Old 11-17-2003, 04:58 AM