CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

shopping for extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
shopping for extended warranty

Hello all,

We are buying a 2007 CLK350 with about 30k miles. The dealer is offering a third party extended warranty, which I understand is about $1000/year with their most comprehensive coverage. Does anyone have any suggestion on these warranties? Perhaps some guidance on companies and competitive rates?? We are shopping around to compare. This is our first Mercedes so kinda nervous. One indy mechanic that I spoke with said to make sure it covers seals and gaskets???

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Thanks,

Cynthia
Old 01-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350 Convertible
I bought my 2007 Covertible with extended warranty through Safe Guard....got one of the higher plans so that my convertible top will be covered too.

2 weeks after buying my car, my transmission fell into "limp mode", and the car stopped switching gears. Upon taking my car to the dealership, they found a bunch of other things wrong with my car, mostly supspension related.

After about a month of not having my car, and numberous calls back and forth between the dealership and warranty, they

1. Fixed my transmission
2. Refused to fix any other problems with my car because the inspector concluded all the other problems were there before I bought the car, and I had no way to prove otherwise.

So in my case, it was good to have the warranty, because the transmission work would have been quite a bit to pay out of pocket, but any other issues, I think its hard to say the issue wasn't already there, or " wear and tear", and get your warranty claim denied.