CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Found a good Bluetooth phone interface option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:31 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Even if you don't have the CDC, then there is probably no coding needed - it usually recognizes it once connected.

I put my mic on the overhead control panel. I put the mCar unit under the passenger floorboard (there a large void there - pull down the carpet under the dash, then remove the Styrofoam panel and you'll see a metal panel that comes out to reveal large spot for electronics mounting). I ran the wire up the A-pillar on the passenger side, then across the windshield header. With the soft top open, remove the plastic on top of the windshield header, and then there are two screws holding the OCP in place. The mic has a rubber mount, and I just squeezed the tip of it between the OCP and windshield trim.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550, 2006 E320 CDI
Ran up the a-pillar under the weatherstrip and popped loose the trim that runs across the windshield where the top meets. Brought out at the center light pod and used stick-on mount on drivers side. There is a little flat spot that is just the right size. You can see the wire as it come out of the trim but it's not too objectionable. I did get a foam wind screen off of amazon that's beige colored to help blend into trim and helps some on wind noise with the top down at highway speed. I have found a furry wind screen that is supposed to help more with more wind. Haven't decided if a little piece of fake fur is worth $18. Depends on how frustrated my bride gets if she can't hear me.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Thanks. I think I will do glove box mounting initially - what is the best way to route from the glove box to the A pillar? I guess there is no easy way to use the TeleAid mic instead...
Old 05-12-2014, 10:24 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Originally Posted by Daloburg
I have found a furry wind screen that is supposed to help more with more wind. Haven't decided if a little piece of fake fur is worth $18. Depends on how frustrated my bride gets if she can't hear me.
Well, driving with the top down is "me time". I don't talk to ANYONE on the phone!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:26 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Originally Posted by SilverCLK
Thanks. I think I will do glove box mounting initially - what is the best way to route from the glove box to the A pillar? I guess there is no easy way to use the TeleAid mic instead...
Open the passenger dooor - there is a plastic panel on the end of the dash you can remove. You should be able to route the wire behind the glove box compartment into that area, then up the A-pillar. I did this when first installing the mCar to "test" it.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
I installed mine recently and have been very satisfied with this solution. It is impressively integrated and having both BT Audio and Phone options makes the car feel years newer. All the steering wheel controls work and you can even use your tele mode to dial from your head unit if desired. The website support was excellent as was the customer service during the purchase process on eBay. I would highly recommend this upgrade- easily worth the cost and it just makes driving so much more enjoyable. Thank you Rodney for suggesting this little magic box!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:25 PM

W204 09 C300 4MATIC
Any body else having the buzzing issue? i have had mine for a month and for the life of me can't figure out how to fix it. i have it mounted in the glove box for now. i originally had the audio 20 head unit but purchesed the command for the extra convinence especially with the ipod integration.

anyone I'm talking too can hear this buzz and it is pretty bad.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:14 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Try adjusting the mic gain. I have linked to instructions and a sample config file. I think the mic is just not very good mine is unusable with the soft top open. I may see if I can find a better one someday.

mCar Sample Config File

mCar Config Instructions
Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 320CLK Cab
I have a 2005 320CLK.
Just bought the unit for $300 on Rodney's recommendation. How can I go wrong?
I did contact them - I have the simple command interface and they tell me it'll work.
I'll see if I can post pics for the install when the unit arrives.
if anybody else has details/pics on their install of the unit, post them up & save me the aggravation of making mistakes, por favor
Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
i didn't take any photos, but I ended up placing the mCar unit in the "cage" under the passenger-side footwell (pull down the carpet from under the dash, and you'll find this metal cage behind the Styrofoam insulation panel). I routed the mic tot he overhead control panel. But, before all that, I just stuck the mCar unit in the glove compartment for "testing". Everything you need is there on the CD changer.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM

2005 320CLK Cab
My unit arrived today. I have the single line display (non NAV). They emailed me links to several videos
General Mercedes installs:

For CDC in the glove box:

BT Installation -- WITHOUT iPod interface:

per video, my unit arrived without the power line taps and with the mCar fiber lines not set up properly in the mcar block. Simple fix. I'm guessing this will take less than a 1/2 hour.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM

2005 320CLK Cab
To let you know, it took about 30 min to get it hooked up to the '05 320CLK convertible (top down, it's easier to work)
I pulled the CDC out of the glovebox (one screw) & tapped into those power lines. Simply moved those FO cables to the m-car unit. Use their config file for my single line head unit & paired it via Bluetooth to my S4 (wife's iphone4S to follow). I ran the mike out the glovebox (needed to punch-out a knock-out) and routed the wire up the a-pillar & over to the overhead cabin lighting. Decided to put the mike right in that unit next to the SOS button. It fit well and completely out-of-sight.
It worked! Though my contacts didn't transfer.
I'll have to secure the m-car in the glovebox better. It's just flopping around now. And I may put the CDC back in.

But it's taking me a little more time fiddling to figure out how things flow smoothly.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
On the phonebook transfer, my S3 transfers just fine, but it takes a while.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 AM

2005 320CLK Cab
Originally Posted by Rudeney
On the phonebook transfer, my S3 transfers just fine, but it takes a while.

Wife's iphone sync was very fast. And since it's her car - that's all that matters. Tonight I'll try accessing playlists & such off her iphone.
Scrolling through the contacts via the dash & steering wheel controls isn't fun, but it's going to be used way more for incoming calls. She shouldn't be talking on the phone while driving anyway, IMHO.