CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003 | 07:47 PM

Windshield wipers

I know there have been many threads on this, but after getting no where on this in Houston (other than replacing the blades), the shop foreman at Mercedes of Tucson, relayed that the secret is an adjustment to the wiper arm tension to relieve the problem. Think I will get the fix when I hit 10,000 miles and my second oil change (it does not rain much in Tucson).

Regards,

Michael
Old 11-23-2003 | 12:36 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
I've thought all along that wiper tension might be the main reason these wipers work so poorly.

I've had my car to the dealer 5 times now for service and mentioned the miserable wiper performance each time. All they have ever done is bend the wiper arms to a different angle and change the blades. They work pretty decent now but still, after they are on for 5 minutes or so, they start to squeak a little. I'm convinced that if the tension was eased a little, they would work better. But how do you relieve tension other than by changing the tension springs ?