CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My engine died!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
Unhappy My engine died!!!

I only have 18,000 miles and today my car angine died. I was going to my friend shouse and it just shut off. No response with gas pedal, could not push brakes (hard as a rock), and lost power steering. But the radio was still working. I crept into an apartment complex and shutoff the car and turned it back on. It worked. So I went to my friends house and kept it there for mercedes to come and tow it (I had a soccer game). They did all the electrical testsd and checked all the fliters. the battery and engine and whatnot and they could not find anything wrong. ALso before it died nothing showed up on the instrument cluster to give me a warning. The guy at mercedes said the only reason he can think is that the gas was contaminated or had an air bubble in it. Ive been pumping from this station ever since Ive had my car and Ive never had a problem (exxon) What do you guys think? I got the car back 3 hoursa ago and have been driving since with no problem. ( I loved the feeling of safety I had before the incident, I don't know if I will ever feel that way again )
Old 12-05-2003, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye Bye American Pie

.... the day the music died.