CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Seat Computer Shorted Out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes CLK320
Seat Computer Shorted Out?

My driver side power seat on my 2005 CLK320 stopped working last week. It had previously had problems (cord would come undone on front left of car or one of the straps in the back would prevent it from locking, but I would jus wiggle the cord a bit or move one of the straps and it would start working again. Last week, however, someone else was driving my car and said the seat wouldn't move. I told them to check if one of they gray nylon straps at the back near the bottom was hooked around onto the track, and if so to move it and they pulled it right off. I feel like this strap can't be that essential but I really don't know.

Anyways I took it in and they thought it might be the module under the seat so I bought a new one and they still say there is power coming to it but no communication. The shop says it must be the main computer that has shorted out. Is this a possibility? I'm always wary of even the best shops when they try to sell expensive parts. Everything else electronically is working fine.

If it is the "main computer" - what part do they actually mean by that? Does anyone have a part number or description so that I can order one online for less than what they want to charge me?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes CLK320
Update - the shop told me to ask a dealer which SAM controls the front driver seat and what a part number for that would be. I will call on Monday but if anyone knows off hand that would be awesome - I need this part ASAP so that I can mov the seat.