CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Line Out Setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
so i dropped it
Yet months later, you picked it up again ?
Old 01-20-2004, 07:00 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
If ANYONE (other than wannabe) who painfully made their way through reading the original "mono out" thread believes it went the way wannabe says it went, please speak up.

Maybe I've lost all my marbles and I'm the one all along who was spreading misleading information.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
Well i'm quite happy how my system sounds, i still dont fully understnd low level in's etc but what i took into the shop when i had my system setup and thye did say eich was spot on with what he was saying
Old 01-21-2004, 05:35 AM

I am greatful for all your help from both of ya it has been very helpful and i look forward to more posts from all of ya, it does make for a good read
Old 01-21-2004, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cliffybabe
thye did say eich was spot on with what he was saying
about how to hook it up? yes we all agreed on that.

you see he has a habbit of taking something small someone said and turning it into a huge drawn out debate.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Eich
Maybe I've lost all my marbles and I'm the one all along who was spreading misleading information.
there is nothing misleading in saying that quality RCA type connections are prefered over high-level. i thought we agreed on that. so i have a hard time understanding why you ever turned that into such a huge argument.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 AM

At present i'm running a audio control eq that converts rca connectionsup to a 14 volt, the only thing i cant get right is what freq's to run the speakers at its a 13band eq the only one i seem to have right is the sub which i'm using the 80hz, if i post up the rest of the setting for front and rear maybe you guys could advise me on the setting i need to use?

thanks

neil
Old 01-21-2004, 08:59 AM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
there is nothing misleading in saying that quality RCA type connections are prefered over high-level. i thought we agreed on that. so i have a hard time understanding why you ever turned that into such a huge argument.
Except you didn't say that until you were called on. Your first contribution to that original thread was, "It won't be as high a quality but knock yourself out" - as if what Cliffybabe was trying to do was the wrong thing. Then you referred to line-level as Speaker-outputs. Those two comments lost you some credibility in the beginning of that thread.

Finally, in the end, we all did agree on the priciples discussed in that thread and everyone was happy to leave it alone..... until YOU somehow convinced yourself to forget the details of the old thread and found it necessary to TRY to redeem yourself in this one.

I don't have anything against your car audio philosophy. My problem is with how you've gone about making your points and fabricating details. You seem to enjoy arguing and then act stunned when I (or anyone else) continue by responding.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by WannaBeAMG
now lets see how long this one gets dragged out.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:08 AM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
At present i'm running a audio control eq that converts rca connectionsup to a 14 volt, the only thing i cant get right is what freq's to run the speakers at its a 13band eq the only one i seem to have right is the sub which i'm using the 80hz, if i post up the rest of the setting for front and rear maybe you guys could advise me on the setting i need to use?
The 80 Hz for your sub is the crossover frequency. Meaning the SUB will play frequencies of of 80Hz and below. The 13 bands of your EQ allow you to emphasize or de-emphasize thoses center frequencies throughout the audio spectrum. This allows you to smooth out any peaks or valleys in the frequency response of your system, caused by the design & materials of the car's interior.

If I understand you correctly Cliffybabe, you are asking how to go about setting the 13 bands of your eq. Correct? Unfortunately, the answer is that it's very, very difficult to do a good job of this by ear.

Ask your car audio shop if they have a spectrum analyzer and a CD with pink noise. If they install multi-band equalizers on a regular basis, they should. What they need to do is play the pink noise CD through your system and measure it with the spectrum analyzer to see which frequencies are over-emphasized and which frequencies are under-emphasized. Only then can you make informed decisions about what relative level to set each band of your EQ.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:19 AM

Except you didn't say that until you were called on. Your first contribution to that original thread was, "It won't be as high a quality but knock yourself out" - as if what Cliffybabe was trying to do was the wrong thing. Then you referred to line-level as Speaker-outputs. Those two comments lost you some credibility in the beginning of that thread.

Finally, in the end, we all did agree on the priciples discussed in that thread and everyone was happy to leave it alone..... until YOU somehow convinced yourself to forget the details of the old thread and found it necessary to TRY to redeem yourself in this one.

I don't have anything against your car audio philosophy. My problem is with how you've gone about making your points and fabricating details. You seem to enjoy arguing and then act stunned when I (or anyone else) continue by responding.
no, i never once suggested it was the wrong thing to do.

i am doing the opposite of forgeting the details. this was a detail that i remebered so i found something that backed my stand on it. there is no "fabrication" in anything ive said.

and yes, i am stunned when someone decides to argue what is well known in the audio world. you are the one who seems to find something to argue with in every post to the point where we end up on a new subject everytime and lose sight of what first sparked the debate.

and i did first refer to low-level/ RCA as line level. you preceded to correct me that line-level means high-level. when what we were really discussing is the performance difference between the two.

anything left to clarify?

lord, i shoulve known better. i brought this back jokingly and here we are again.

Except you didn't say that until you were called on.
say what? and how was i called on?

you are just unreal man.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:24 AM

Ask your car audio shop if they have a spectrum analyzer and a CD with pink noise. If they install multi-band equalizers on a regular basis, they should. What they need to do is play the pink noise CD through your system and measure it with the spectrum analyzer to see which frequencies are over-emphasized and which frequencies are under-emphasized. Only then can you make informed decisions about what relative level to set each band of your EQ.
if you want a "flat" response that would be a good starting point. you can spice things to your listening tastes from there.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:20 PM

2004 CLK 320
stfu and fix your dumb @ss sig n00b.

^^^ is that what you were hoping for as a sig? get it right.
You have got to be kidding right? If I wanted to put a picture in my sig I would have. I just snapped a couple of shots in the driveway and posted the link so people could see that I did in fact own a CLK. Some of us have better things to do than talk crap on forums. I spend most of my time building a competition level system in my PT. Until you can do the work that I am doing your words hold no weight with me and I think everyone else on this thread knows what kind of person you are.

Eich and Cliffybabe if you would like to see my work, you can see it here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290001435

Any comment you two may have would be welcome.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
now lets see how long this one gets dragged out.
Yet ANOTHER thread that you have contributed nothing useful to and now downright lies (or seriously poor memory). Nice job.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:21 PM

couple of t00ls you guys are.