CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Outer Door Chrome tirm removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
Outer Door Chrome tirm removal

Does anyone know or have a WIS on the removal of the outer door chrome trim. I easily just pulled the tirm that connected on the front fender but i can work out the door nor the rear fender at this point. This is what i need removed.

Outer Door Chrome tirm removal-clkblack_06.jpg
Old 08-08-2014, 03:19 AM

CLK 550
how did you pull the front trim fender??
Old 08-08-2014, 05:05 AM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by midnight AMG
how did you pull the front trim fender??
I figured it all out just moments ago, for the front fender molding where it begins, you have to get a good grip on it simply pull it out. this is the easiest one to handle. for the main doors, theres a trox screw outboard rear the door rear speaker, once you open the door that holds the trim in place. remove it and slide the the trim opposite direction of your side mirrors. The rear is designed just like the front except theres a additional clamp. Regardless the action is the same, find a good grip and pull it out and loosen one by one. Dont rip it out! just simplyinge it from the car and youll have all the pieces out. Took me 20 mins and i had all the pieces dislodged from the car. Here are some pieces to see what the inside looks like.

Outer Door Chrome tirm removal-_57.jpg Outer Door Chrome tirm removal-_57-2-.jpg Outer Door Chrome tirm removal-_57-1-.jpg